The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85544 - 08/18/06 12:15 PM Summer losses
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Our family's lost 4 relatives this summer. And at least two family friends also. Just yesterday I learned about my uncle's death in NV. Cherish those you love and show them how much you care. Tomorrow may never come!
NABBW & NAWW

#85545 - 08/18/06 01:04 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Songbird]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Four relatives die in one summer? Oh my gosh, Songbird...that's just awful. Do you have a large family?
Were you close to all of them? I send you my sincere sympathies. If that happened to our family, we would be extinct.

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
-- Oprah Winfrey, O Magazine, September 2002

#85546 - 08/18/06 01:09 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Edelweiss]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Sorry to hear of these losses on earth..but gains to heaven, hopefully!!

Yes, we are never promised tomorrow.

(((Comforting hugs)))

#85547 - 08/18/06 01:47 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Di]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Songbird, that's so painful when the losses come so close together. I remember when my Mom lost all three of her sisters and her brother within a very short time of each other...and then not too long after losing her brother, my Dad died as well. She was devastated and never really did recover.

No matter how profound our faith, or how our spirit knows that we should be happy for our loved ones who are now "Home", these losses are still immeasurably painful. I pray that you will continue to be surrounded by the consolation and comfort of the God you know loves you more than you can imagine, and by the love of your sisters here who also love you more than you can imagine.

(Maya Angelou)

#85548 - 08/18/06 05:35 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hannelore, Di and Eagle: Thanks for your comforting words.
I do thank God for the hope that one day death will be no more. And those who died believing in Him will rise when Jesus returns. Until then, they suffer no more.
NABBW & NAWW

#85549 - 08/18/06 06:02 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Songbird]
Mountain Ash Offline

My Mothers four cousins all died within months...as she died when I was 26 they were a direct contact with her.I felt deeply that I was moved up a notch in the scheme of things.Thats why having this forum is comfortable for some one like me who has no direct relations.(I have my husband and two lovely children)These relations cared what happened to me and mine....So yes bless having relations.
Mountain Ash

#85550 - 08/18/06 06:13 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Mountain Ash]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh Songbird, I am so sorry for your losses. That must be so hard. I understand the importance of extended families and how much the losses can hurt. Prayers coming your way.

smile

#85551 - 08/19/06 01:24 AM Re: Summer losses [Re: smilinize]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats a lot for you to have to deal with, my prayers are with you Songbird....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85552 - 08/19/06 01:50 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh my Songbird, how sad. The griefing process is hard enough with one loss, much less so many loved ones. My heart and prayers are with you, dear friend, JJ

#85553 - 08/20/06 05:08 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Song, how's our mom doing without her hubby?

I remember Mom losing sisters and brothers beginning at midlife. She was one of nine, and the sixth to die in a very close family. now that I am midlife and consider the loss of my sisters or brother I realize I wasn't nearly compassionate enough with her during that time. For that I am so sorry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved