The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90485 - 10/02/06 11:08 AM Percodan
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am typically a weenie when it comes to drugs. I usually can't handle much medication and rarely have pain. Pills are usually prescribed and I end up throwing them away.

This surgery is another story. I've been taking percodan around the clock since Thursday and still have pain. I've hardly been out of the bed. I'm calling the doctor today to see what the heck is going on. I know he drilled into bone in a couple olaces, but I would have thought that by now I could give up some of this pain medication. Any thoughts? I had a torn ACL and meniscus.

I must share that I've thoroughly enjoyed posting from bed. I'm getting all caught up and then some! Woohoo.

#90486 - 10/02/06 02:17 PM Re: Percodan
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My grandson has to have the same surgery you had. Football injury.

Are you REALLY taking it easy? Percodan should not only kill the pain but make you real happy. It's easy to get hooked on that stuff.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90487 - 10/02/06 07:21 PM Re: Percodan [Re: Dianne]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dotsie, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing pain. Having had 5 surgeries related to breast cancer, I can tell you that in my experience the pain lasted a long, long time. Percodan is a central nervous system depressant, and in the long run the "eupohoria" you might feel for a short time evolves into a mental depression. But 5 days is not a long time after surgery. It's not even a week or 10 days.

#90488 - 10/02/06 08:01 PM Re: Percodan [Re: Princess Lenora]
Pam R. Offline

Dotsie, I hope you are feeling better. I have taken Percodan in the hospital after my heart attack for chest pain. I had to stop due to the constant vomiting. They told me it was a side effect for lots of people. Do you have any nausea after this many days of taking it?

#90489 - 10/02/06 11:51 PM Re: Percodan [Re: Pam R.]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dotsie
You seem like a very sensible woman. If percodan is what you need right now, do not be afraid of taking what you need. No one should live with pain and knee surgery is one of the most difficult.

If you fear you have addictive tendancies, then worry. Otherwise, follow your doctors suggestions and enjoy the delerium. Sometimes, that's all you have. You know what is right for you. Trust yourself.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90490 - 10/03/06 11:48 AM Re: Percodan [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for your comments ladies. I am cutting back to only one pill each time I take it today. I'm choosing pain over sleep because that's about all I've done since Thursday. I'll see how the day goes.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about getting addicted to this because I don't like feeling this way.

Dianne, when is your grandson's surgery? I'm sure he's out for this season. Poor thing. It's so important to those young athletes. Make usre he has a good surgeon and physical therapist. They really work the young kids like dogs to get them back in shape. Tell him I'm here if he has any questions. This is the second time I've done this. The other time it was the other knee.

#90491 - 10/03/06 02:41 PM Re: Percodan
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

He has to go through physical rehab to stretch something, before they do the surgery. Right now, they are predicting two weeks. It makes me sad because he's such a good football player and we were hoping for a full college scholarship but they heal quickly and he's only 16. He's just a precious spirit.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90493 - 10/05/06 01:30 PM Re: Percodan [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, thanks. For an update:

I went to physical therapy and the doctors yesterday and learned why I have been in so much pain. Apparently, my knee bled into my shin and calf so I have all this dried blood just sitting there causing the swelling and TREMENDOUS pain. I'm not kidding. When I stand, I feel like my lower leg could burst. It throbs, burns and tingles unless it is way above my heart. I would love to be hung from the ceiling my my toes. That might help.

It's one of those things that time heals. Lucky me! Crazy thing was that the pain medicine knocked me out but didn't do a whole heck of a lot for the pain so I stopped taking it and began taking Extra Strength Tylenol for pain. I can't say it's working yet. Now my lower back aches from all the sitting and lying around. I'm a mess. Please pray for me.

#90494 - 10/05/06 03:43 PM Re: Percodan
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh Dots, how awful. I can't imagine how much pain you are in but you can bet I'll be praying for you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90495 - 10/05/06 04:04 PM Re: Percodan [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks Dianne. Really, than you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved