The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#183393 - 05/31/09 03:47 AM Praying with grandchildren
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
If you desire to tuck those little ones into bed and want to pray with them (and/or teach them how), do you ask their parents for permission or do you go ahead and pray anyway?

#183398 - 05/31/09 06:24 AM Re: Praying with grandchildren [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Permission to pray with my grandchildren is not necessary in my family. My daughter and SIL are practising Catholics as well and are raising their children in the same manner.

I think all in all, it depends on how the practice of faith is acknowledged.

#183418 - 05/31/09 02:06 PM Re: Praying with grandchildren [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I agree with Lola. Do the parents pray with them?

I have to share a funny story about prayer. Our son is home from NYC. He brought two of his film buddies. A few of his good friends (whom we call the rat pack) from growing up came by for a cookout so they were all together last night. We fed them before they ventured out to a big party, which is why he came home.

Anyway, we always ask a blessing before dinner. Ross siad, "Why don't we ask a blessing before we dig in." Ross had grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage and ribs. I'd made spinach salad, fresh fruit salad and corn on the cob. It was all on the counter before us and they were psyched to have some home made food.

Ross asked God's blessing on all of us and the food, and thanked God for bringing the Rat Pack and the NY Film Rippers together for the meal. They all laughed hysterically. It was a lovely and fun blessing.

Making the prayer appropriate to the kids is important.

Di, I hope you have the opportunity to pray with them. Even if the parents don't, often you hear about a grandmother planting seeds of faith that children fall back on later in life.

#183421 - 05/31/09 02:22 PM Re: Praying with grandchildren [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes, prayer does teach others that we can, directly communicate with God, on a very personal and humorous level at that, and not go thru a priest or other person.

I might ask my SD if she minds if I pray with them next time we see them. The little 3 yr old is like a sponge and she LOVEs her Nunna!! wink

Edited by Di (05/31/09 02:23 PM)

#183549 - 06/02/09 02:47 PM Re: Praying with grandchildren [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I wouldn't make a huge deal of it. Just ask and leave it at that. Hopefully she'll say yes. Keep us posted.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved