The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#165392 - 11/12/08 07:04 PM God's armor...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The devil has been after me lately; throwing one road block and then another my way. So in retaliation and
to tell him to keep his grubby hands off, I post this.

Ephesians 6:10-20

Your strength comes from the Lord's mighty power within you! Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand safe against all strategies and tricks of Satan.
For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against persons without bodies--the evil rulers of the unseen world, those mighty satanic beings and evil princes of darkness who rule this world; and against huge numbers of wicked spirits in the spirit world. So use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy whenever he attacks. You will need the strong belt of truth and the breastplate of God's approval. Wear shoes that are able to speed you on as you tell of the Good News of peace with God. You need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by satan. You need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit--which is the Word of God. Pray all the time and keep praying for Christians everywhere!

Just thought I'd share. Since I'm struggling, I figure
there are others that might be fighting the Good Fight, too!

Edited by jabber (11/12/08 07:05 PM)

#165399 - 11/12/08 07:31 PM Re: God's armor... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sorry you are struggling. Isn't it great when a certain scripture gives you strength?

The recent verse that has been stuck in my head is - God alone is enough. It's very humbling. It's probably stuck in my mind because I need to keep hearing it due to recent family events - eldercare.

Thanks for sharing. What translation is this? Just curious. I'm familiar with this verse. It was one of my past pastor's favorites, but it sounds very different.

Edited by Dotsie (11/12/08 07:34 PM)

#165433 - 11/13/08 02:37 PM Re: God's armor... [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The Armor itself is from "The Living Bible" paraphrased, Reference Edition, and then I paraphrased a bit myself. My dear friend that is so sick and suffering more than any human should,
gave me this Bible back in November 1979. She signed it, "With
Much Love." I tell you, I've used it so much, it is about to
fall apart: It's tattered and torn and plenty worn. I also have
a "My Utmost Devotional Bible". It includes works by Oswald Chambers. Don't use that one much. ARP gave me three Bibles over
the years. The first one I use the most. I know. I know: Too much information. You're probably thinking! And you'd be right!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved