The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133816 - 12/05/07 11:52 PM How do you know you are "alright," inside?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
How do you feel, or know, that you are together inside and that everything is alright? Besides your higher power, what things make you know that you are "alright in the world," and know you can sleep peacefully?

For me, there are a few things. This one is funny, but there is a feeling I get that is there when I am dancing or singing and the music is "in me," and I become part of it. Those times let me know that everything is ok.

Knowing my loved ones are happy and as fine as they can be. If I know that they are "okay," and that their life is going as well as it can makes me feel all is fine.

My inner smile and love. I have an inner smile, one that is always there. I am a happy person and happy inside my body. I feel a happiness inside most of the time.I am also very loving. I like people and genuinely like them. I like to see them happy. It's a happiness inside I've had all my life, even alone. If I don't feel that big smile is there, that ability to laugh at anytime, I'm not ok.

and

When my pain is okay and not distracting me and it is treated in a good way, with the right med's. My pain is usually okay and under control but now and again it can get
away from me and I have to treat it. So long as it is okay, I'm ok.

Those are what I can think of that honestly make me know I am one with the world. If I have those, I'm alright with just about whatever I have to do.

How about you?

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#133817 - 12/07/07 06:19 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
when nuthing bothers me when i do prayers or meditasion, wen my concsions is not bothered by something. I do try to regualre enough do a cheek up inside as at times i can be doing something and not imidiatlie relise its the wrong thing to be doing, in those times its bringiing to concisness my actions, motives and thoughts.

Hurt and the absences of hurt or distress helps, even though its not in itself enough again it may come dowen to reasons i hurt. I can be ok but still greve a frend or the circumstancies i witness them in. I can still hurt and still think/feel i am alright as its a natural and fairlie pradictibale responces to a situasion i am in. I don't see all hurt as being something wrong or to be avoided just something thats part of life if not intrinsice to the process of life itself.

Recentlie i mentioned somewear else i found another little seam of stuff for want of a better word, internal stuff that be better examined and seen if i can improve on it within myself in any way. It came about becouse of a growing disease and sences of anger, and a frend pointing somethings out to me. I don't belive all anger is bad or necassarily needs removed as some of it just lets us know we are alive and sentient, but this type isen't the type id want around, its a bit wrong, or right but to be used as a motivater to something else, to bring something diffrent in my life....without being spacific tats about as far as i can go with this at the moment.
Is that what you weer meaning that type of allrightness, emotional balances ....or just all well with the world.
if i go on at this stage untill i am a bi clearer in my owen head about the question i may just recreat the same answere as how dose one know we are whole.

i chip in later when i get a feel for some of the other answeres.

#133818 - 12/07/07 09:25 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
When I feel my neck and shoulders. Really!

My tension and stress first rear their ugly heads in my neck and shoulders. I remember one year I took a vacation (just a week off from reality on a remote beach) and towards the end I noticed that my shoulders had dropped and I had a neck again. It was amazing that I did not know I was stressed until all of a sudden I was not.

Since then, I have learned to take notice of being okay. When my habits are in check (no secret smoking cigarettes, no drinking, no anger outbursts) and I am able to express my life in a positive manner, then I know I am okay.

I think it is important to recognize when you are and are not okay. I am glad that I have learned how to do this.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#133819 - 12/07/07 11:11 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, you are an amazing woman for someone who lives in pain. I once knew a woman who lived in pain and she had a hard time getting outside herself. You do a remarkable job!

Celtic, feeling anger isn't such a bad thing. It keeps us on track. What can be bad is what we choose to do with that anger. I have found that when my anger is addressed at someone, I need to really address why I'm angry before I react. I can usually get at the root of the anger and then recognize that there really isn't as much need to be angry. Does that make sense?

Anno, try hanging to get the tension out of your neck and shoulders. It works miracles and it's so simple to do.

My chiropractor wants to adjust my neck and I won't let him. He can do my back, but my neck doesn't hurt so why bother. He's trying to convince me that I should let him. Have you ever had your neck adjusted?

#133820 - 12/08/07 03:50 AM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside?
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I don't allow my neck to be done anymore... even when there's obviously more calcification. It always makes me feel weird afterward, so that's off limits for me.

#133821 - 12/08/07 04:50 AM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I guess I would know I was all right emotionally and or mentally or spiritually if/when the time comes that I don't second guess myself. I might feel all right if I had a sense of safety and security that what I am thinking and feeling is "right on." I make a decision, then think I should have made another. I might feel all right when I don't need the validation from others that I am all right. Or when I am not so needy of reassurance that I am all right. I do know that in this point in time I am all right with God... no, that God is all right with me just as I am. So that's a part of knowing at least with The One I am all right. My Loved Ones, if that means family, is never all right, so their happiness or not, mostly not, cannot be a measure to me that I am all right. They are never happy, so it is a good thing that I don't depend on them for happiness. I look for all right in a moment. In this moment I am all right because I have feelings of gratefulness and love.

#133822 - 12/08/07 09:01 AM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I hate to admit this, but I feel like I'm in control and can master anything when I lose weight.
It's so shallow, I know, but that's what makes me feel alright inside.

#133823 - 12/08/07 03:27 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't think that's shallow, HL. I know a lot of people who would be alike to that feeling re: weight and mastery. I like to master a carton of ice cream as I am reading posts.

#133824 - 12/08/07 03:30 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I totally agree with Princess, Hannelore...not shallow at all. Its something that is important to you, therefore, ...

#133825 - 12/08/07 06:53 PM Re: How do you know you are "alright," inside? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is noting shallow Hannelore about being strong and striving for better health, thus losing weight. I am a foot off the floor everytime I lose, and not gain a pound...Whahoo!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved