The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 68 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1099 - 08/19/05 11:17 PM Full moon
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Today is the August full moon- the grain moon- and in the spiritual path I follow we take time at the full moon to reflect on where we are- to give thanks for all the blessings we have recieved and to ask for what we want to accomplish til next full moon.
It is a joyful and reflective time and I just wanted to wish you all bright blessings

#1100 - 08/22/05 11:48 AM Re: Full moon
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Blessed be [Smile]

Seems these moons keep getting closer and closer together. Must be me...

#1101 - 08/22/05 05:52 PM Re: Full moon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pattyann, please tell us more about your faith. This is something I am not familiar with. Thanks.

#1102 - 08/23/05 03:34 AM Re: Full moon
Pattyann Offline

Dotsie,
I am a witch- To be a witch is to honor the ways of the old, to have deep respect for nature, for all things living and gone ahead. To accept that there is a divine feminine deity -the goddess, lost thru the ages. We do no harm for we are connected to all things. To be a witch is to honorable or nothing at all- to know what you feel is right and good , to accept others who do not believe as you do even if they don't accept you.
We belive in personal power- that what we seek we can find within ourselves- we celebrate and dance
On the full moons we reflex on our blessings and our wants.
We are connected with nature- right now we are in the harvest season- soon to celebrate the fall equinox- where night and day are in balance before we cozy down to winter.
My great grandmother was a healer- a midwife in Slovakia and once she came to the Us my gran wanted to be American and modern but the old ways came out in our customs
Alot of the christian holidays are based on old pagan ways
I know that most of the women here are very Christian and I honor that but I am a witch and just as founded in my ways
Thank you for asking

#1103 - 08/23/05 04:46 PM Re: Full moon
Pattyann Offline

Blessed be, Meredith-I think as we get older life speeds up so the moon seems full more often

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved