The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#98359 - 12/13/06 11:40 AM Re: Fruit Cakes...
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, Dotise,
My husband loves those and I have seen them everywhere this year even in Watson's Garden . Husband did not want one this year needs to lose some weigh and so do I . They are so yummy . Saw a lot of fruit cakes in Harry and David's in the maill and they smelled so good .

#98360 - 12/13/06 04:34 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Sadie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wonder why Harry and David don't add the fruitcakes to their catalogs. I ordered their fruit, nut and candy towers for several relatives etc. and would have tried the fruitcake for myself if they'd have offered one....drat!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98361 - 12/13/06 06:14 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We finally found out fruitcakes - we bought one several weeks ago from a charitable organization and it was so good that we wanted more. After much searching and emailing, we found a member of that organization who still had a few left. So we bought four 1.5kg (don't know what that is in pounds) boxes, 2 for Christmas gifts (they actually asked for them) and 2 to serve for dessert over Christmas. They're chock full of nuts and fruit. mmmmm. With 12 days to go I hope we can restrain ourselves from opening and eating one before then!

(Maya Angelou)

#98362 - 12/13/06 06:15 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, great idea. They should. People would definitely buy them. I just sent one of those towers to the wife of a dear neighbor who lost her hubby. DIfferent, but they loved to cook and serve others, so I chose to send food instead of flowers. We also received one yesterday as a gift. I love their pears!

#98363 - 12/13/06 08:10 PM Re: Fruit Cakes...
Sadie Offline

Chatty,
Why don't you give Harry and Davids a call or I will buy one for you and send it to you if you want . Letm me know or email me your address if you like ,

Renee

#98364 - 12/14/06 04:41 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Sadie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I just got the invoice confirming my order from them today so I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they ship fruit cakes. Thanks so much Renee for you offer, I really appreciate it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98365 - 12/14/06 10:01 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can share the same offer chatty. I can walk to Harry and Davids. I think Renee and I go to the same one!

#98366 - 12/14/06 11:38 AM Re: Fruit Cakes...
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I have a fruitcake story to share....My dad was a traveling salesman and often people would invite him into share their evening meal or dessert while he repaired something for them or sold them something new. Once he had a homemade fruitcake that was wonderful. He asked for the recipe and came home raving about it. When Sat. came he made the fruitcake (all by himself) and invited all the neighbors in for this marvelous fruitcake. Mom set up the big table, tablecloth, made coffee and had whipped cream to put on it. It became a neighborhood event! I remember all the neighbors and their kids gathered around the table, hearing the story of this wonderful dessert and waiting anxiously for their piece. Once we all were served, we all took our first bite together.....it was terrible! Dad was embarrassed and flustered, he ran upstairs to doublecheck the recipe. He came back down and apologized...he had put in too much of something (baking powder comes to mind)

Anyway, we all laughed and had a great time and ate a ton of whipped cream to politely finish off the fruitcake!

I don't remember dad ever attempting to bake that recipe again.......

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#98367 - 12/14/06 11:57 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: starting over]
Sadie Offline

Dotsie,
We do . down the mall the one right outside of Macy's store . Oh, I love that place that have the most wonderful jar cranberry sauce with walnuts in it yummy . Moose mix that son-in-law just loves I get him for Christmas time .
I use to love there bottled rootbeer , but have not seen that lately only pears and more pears in the store . Yikes ! There pears are wonderful to eat . Oh, getting hungrey now .

#98368 - 12/14/06 10:36 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Sadie]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Daisy and I were at Bark Park and the dad of a something or other water dog??? said his wife slaved over his favorite dessert, a fruit cake - no humans will touch it at his house, but him. The wife spent her lunch hour at home and accidently left the cake out on the counter. The dog ate the entire cake. They couldn't believe he wasn't in misery! It just happened today.

laurapoplin.com

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved