The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#97518 - 12/06/06 02:51 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Celtic, I'm so sorry to hear how the school system treated you. It breaks my heart but look at how you've recovered and how far you've come.

I don't share everything here for the very reason Lynnie mentioned...google. It's too easy for nosey family members or shirt-tail kinfolks to find out what you're saying.

I'm safe with my picture unless some pervert with a shoe/foot fetish finds it!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97519 - 12/06/06 11:03 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Celtic, you have a most interesting story about overcoming adversity. I am amazed at how you perservered in spite of beatings and name calling. I can hardly stand it to think that you were beat. I'm so sorry. What are the topics you feel passionate about, and what is your master's dissertation on? What is your job? I'm glad to hear you say that things have worked out for you.

#97520 - 12/06/06 11:06 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Popea, I also hid in books, and I was disparaged by my father, who acted like he was competing with my brain. He told me to go outside and play like a normal kid instead of being a "book worm." What is Ma Hons? What do you publish?

#97521 - 12/07/06 05:32 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea they changed the rules in school these days it used to be that you could hit a child up to six times on the hands with a cane or a belt, thats just what they were legally allowed to do. Time back the school athorities came to their senses and banned the use of physical punishment in school's.

I studies psychology, then counselling

I had a teaching yr then my dissertation was on self-harm or mutilation. I looked at the training received by the other counsellors, and counselling methods used within the therapy’s.

Self-harm the most popular growing trend (within all age groups) for expression of distress in the uk and as usual theirs not enough training within the caring professions to deal with the growth of people coming forward for help.

My PHD when I get round to it be in same type of vain

I stopped working to have child (he be 3 in February) Before that my paid work was in drug and alcohol treatment and education. I had a private practice in alternative healing and hypnotherapy, (that’s my professional qualifications) I have been recording hypnotherapy CD’s and including visualisation to do some spiritual work ,meeting angel of unconditional love, and rediscovering female sensuality. As child starts Pre School then I go back doing face to face work.

The advantages of the make of the brain of a dyslectic is greater Visio spatial abilities (I think in pictures) which is great way to interact with the sub concise of someone in a hypnotic state.

I used to work for the spiritualist church as a medium spiritual healer and doing talks on spiritule theory or philosophy. That type of communication all works via the senses and especially pictorial

The Self-harm I care a lot about the treatment services being trained to good standards. If you Liken S-H to addictive processes i.e. obsession and compulsion and as a type of coping mechanism, then there big similarities.

So it's not all doom and gloom (tough at a young age) but the bigger picture makes it ok now and I don’t dwell in my past lol dun it enough and it wouldn’t serve me in anyway.

So what punishment systems were their in the USA what they like now. Have any of you found the sometimes strange circumstances being just perfect to form a skill or quality in your life or personality. That fits perfectly or underpinned you’re adult life's work??????

Celtic_flame

I let popea tell you what types of publishing she's dun , I am well proud of her

#97522 - 12/07/06 05:34 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Dianne how the foot anyway and the new shoe hunting going, are you getting used to it yet??? the new you

#97523 - 12/07/06 06:26 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Lynne,
Ma Hons was Celtics' Masters that she has just spoken of. My published work came about when I lived in a refuge for survivors of domestic violence and C.S.A. I got together with a worker who would write too and we began sharing our work. I was also doing a creative writing course at Queens Uni in Belfast here, conducted by Medbh McGuckian who was Queens poet in res at the time.(My favorite Female Irish Poetess)
The refuge worker and I came up with thr idea to get a book together and sent a mailshot out to all refuges in the North of Ire, for women and staff alike to send in their work. The feedback was awsome. I asked Medbh if she would choose a title and help edit and she oblidged. I submitted about 15 peices of my own work...all the work was chosen anonamously. One of my poems was used for the title...I was blown away. The book is called "The Foam Sprite" and is an anthology from those(and myself)I have described. That was way back in Dec 92...wow!!! I think you can still get it through Belfast Womans Aid...I always end up giving my copies away!!
I have published articals on domestic violence, child battering syndrome and self harm, all locally. I think that is the gist of it Lynne....boy I can blether!!!
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97524 - 12/07/06 06:41 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Poppie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Popea and Celtic, you should both be very proud of yourselves for the work you've done and are still doing. I think you two are wonderful and such a blessing.

The shoe hunt continues. Toe is much, much better as long as I don't abuse it by trying to slip into a pair of kind of pointed shoes. They are a no-go. I feel very boring.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97525 - 12/07/06 07:11 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Dianne]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Dianne, thank you for your kind comments. my wee heart goes out to you about the toe and shoe situ!!! I am just rediscovering heels!!! I am 5ft7(AND A HALF!) and for years felt like a drag queen if the heel was more than one inch!! I am embracing 3 and half inchs now and walk tall. ( I have to admit that I have been envious..as most of the drags look better in them than me!!!) There are some geourgous round toed on the catwalk this season...would the abuse your wee toe pet??

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97526 - 12/07/06 07:27 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Poppie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Round toe works for me...so far! I've always wondered how drag queens learned to walk so well in those high heels.

I wanted to ask you gals from across the pond if you know of Gordon Smith (from Scotland)?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97527 - 12/07/06 07:57 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Dianne]
celtic_flame Offline

wait..... Dianne, are you talking bout Gordon Smith...black wavey hair...has a few red haired cousins??? Let me know becouse i dont wanna tell you about the wrong one.....

Oh and the drag queesns, popea says (on drag walking) heel toe, heel toe, heel toe....thats how they do it.... She also gets the best tips on hair removal, well the're in a worse state than most of us.

celtic_flame

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved