The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 242 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#92133 - 10/24/06 10:00 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I will see my friend today and update later. She was on premarin to try to help her "issues", but decided to stop since he said he will not leave this other woman. So my friend says she'll get back on them if her spouse says he'll leave the other woman.

The sad thing: my friend has many health issues and needs medical attention often. She cannot afford to be on her own. The spouse has a great retirement coming up in less than a year. HOwever, she has applied for SSI so maybe if she can get it soon, she can divorce.

But I hate hearing the word "Divorce". I am so upset for her. She's bent over backwards for this guy; serves him hand/foot, has a spotless house. They have no kids, btw, together. He has three and she has one...all married w/kids.

My friend is a wonderful example of a Christian wife. She is so sweet and kind. The spouse is self-centered, not very intelligent and obviously does not remember the words in their vows 'be faithful to you'. HE BROKE THOSE VOWS.

But he does have a long line of horrible stuff before they married. Raped a girl, married a few times....and his mother/sister are basket cases and think he would never do THIS to his wife.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

#92134 - 10/24/06 10:37 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Di, your friend should be able to get some of her soon to be x's retirement, depending on the state they live in and how long they've been married. She needs to look out for herself and her future at this point.

laurapoplin.com

#92135 - 10/24/06 10:44 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Daisygirl]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Your friend needs to meet Mr. Lawyer.

JJ

#92136 - 10/24/06 04:48 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Said a mouthful JJ. Di, she knows this guy is a moraless jerk so she best get a lawyer that is his match and make sure her needs are taken care of. Theres a time to be sweet and loving and a time to be rough and tough. I just hate this kind of male (he's not a man), makes me feel sick to my stomach for her pain.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92137 - 10/24/06 05:09 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

I am admiring my friend for doing what the Lord is telling her to do. She is having great opportunity to witness to him. She says that God has NOT told her to leave, and she will not.

Thankfully she has close friends who are not carnal minded and are loving her/praying with her thru this. We are not telling her to leave; we are advising her to pray, seek God's face, concern herself about her own relationship with the Lord since she cannot change the husband.

The WORLD says to leave; God says to love and be faithful, even if the husband is not faithful.

My friend has obtain that "peace that passes all understanding". We must do what others shake their heads at. We must shine; we must work toward hearing others say "now THAT's different".

Her spouse even told her that any other woman would leave. Even he is shocked. That is what we want. To be set apart for Jesus.

My friend has offered to send extra food w/her husband for him AND the woman. That is how my friend is. The husband is paying for food for this woman so my friend wants to help save his money.

yes, I know what all you ladies are thinking. But we MUST be different. We can all think we know what to do, but in the end, my friend is the one who will hear from the Lord what to do.

How are WE? Nothing!!!

Again, please refer back to my orig. question: If you have SURVIVED an affair, please reply.

#92138 - 10/24/06 10:08 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
Di Offline

My friend shared with me today that the thing that would hurt the worse is if her husband dies without the hope of salvation and heaven.

#92139 - 10/25/06 09:08 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
Daisygirl Offline

Actually the Bible says that divorce is okay when there is infidelity.

laurapoplin.com

#92140 - 10/25/06 06:10 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Daisygirl]
Di Offline

Yes, correct. It does say that. But it does not say you MUST divorce.

#92141 - 10/26/06 03:11 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
struggling2 Offline

Yes, we survived an affair. It was difficult but we did it.

I believe the most significant factor to our being able to survive was that my husband went on the "Walk to Emmaus" a weekend retreat that completely re-centered his life. It was highly emotional and probably very difficult, but I highly recommend Emmaus to those who have lost their way.

#92142 - 10/26/06 03:35 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: struggling2]
Daisygirl Offline

Struggling, I went on the Emmaus Walk also and can see how it changed your husband's heart.

That's why I originally recommended Dr. Dodson's book, because he believes that the way to change a cheating man's heart is to leave them, emotionally and physically. When they realize what they have lost, then sometimes they will see the light and change their ways.

My x LOVED the fact that 2 women were after him - he ate it up. As soon as I dumped him, he wanted me back.

laurapoplin.com

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved