The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#82002 - 07/14/06 02:55 PM Re: nocturnal children [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hey, whatever works!

#82003 - 07/14/06 07:26 PM Re: nocturnal children
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
my kids didn't become nightowls until they went away to college...but since my oldest began college 12 years ago and my youngest is still in college, with 2 others in between...I have been dealing with the nocturnal life for a long time...in the beginning I would try to tell my son..."Daddy has to be up early for work and your sisters have school, camp, sports etc early in the morning....you must adapt back to our schedule.." but by the time he would, his break would be over....next thing I knew...2 of them were in college and on the night owl schedule...at that point I decided to stay up and join them...I'm always happy to be able to hang out with my kids and once Menopause began an 8 hour sleep night became a vague memory anyway...I've placated myself by saying to myself...soon enough the younger two will be living their own lives in God knows what part of this huge country...so any time that I can spend with them is important to me...I won't lie though and say that I haven't nodded off a time or two during one of their "important" stories...they all love to laugh about that one at Holiday Dinners...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82004 - 07/16/06 02:09 PM Re: nocturnal children [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blondi, oh my gosh. I'll try staying awake, doze, they come in, I awaken, then doze right in the middle of a conversation. It's ridiculous.

Speaking of night owls, my daughter was doing homework at 2:30 this morning. She's taking a math course this summer.I strolled into the den half-awake, half-asleep and she started asking me if her work was right. I was like, oh honey, I can't even see that paper right now. I sat with her for about another ten minutes and then she chose to call it quits. I feel like a jack-in-the-box in the middle of the night.

#82005 - 07/16/06 03:01 PM Re: nocturnal children
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I could be dead on my feet and fall asleep, but let one of my children be out late and when their hand turned the doorknob, my eyes would fly open. It was a reflex reaction. Suddenly, I had my feet on the floor and would greet them. Much to their dismay...

JJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved