The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81696 - 05/28/06 07:55 AM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, what a hoot. I can't wait to hear about this adventure.

Anne, are the beaches close enough for you to visit and walk on a regular basis? I'd give just about anything to live on the water.

#81697 - 05/28/06 07:58 AM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh, I walked for an hour and twenty minutes with a friend today. It's such an incredible time to walk in this part of the country. The weather is perfect and the air smell so sweet. Everything's in bloom.

#81698 - 05/29/06 06:17 PM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Did another extremely long walk yesterday, buy also went to two graduation parties, so I think it was the smart thing to do. I'm loving this long weekend. I hope everyone else is too.

#81699 - 05/30/06 04:57 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Stealing a few computer minutes while my granddaughter Cristy is out with her boyfriend who came up for today and tomorrow. We leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning for a hike and camp out. I haven't seen dawn for many many years. No fires allowed up here because its so dry so the kids are getting army meals that don't need heating, also turkey jerky and trail mix. I must be out of my mind doing this. Hey her new home is fabulous and I prefer to stay right here or at the lodge. Oh hey, I met a Doctor last night, he's staying at the lodge with what I thought was his family. Turns out the woman is just his daughters companion/nanny and that he is a widower. We all had dinner together and girls I gotta tell you, what a hunk! He's smart, good looking, a great dad and he's funny. They also have 4 dogs and 2 horses back in Utah where they live. He asked for my phone number...and got it too! I was ready to carve it into his arm, he, he!!

Oops, the kids are back, wish me luck tomorrow scaling this dam mountain like some demented goat. Why me God, why me??? I will say that the scenery up here is breathtaking, I just don't want to become a permanent part of the landscape, splattered at the foot of some cliff...HUGS [Eek!]

[ May 29, 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#81700 - 05/30/06 06:38 PM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, take pictures. I think this is great. I hope you're having a blast. I can't wait to hear about your adventures. After all your cooking, I can't imagine you eating army meals. I hope nyou survive. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and try like crazy to keep your balance.

And of course I want to hear more about this doctor...Maybe if you get hurt, he can come to the rescue. [Wink] [Razz]

#81701 - 06/01/06 03:22 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Okay thats it, no more hiking for this grandmother. My God, talk about scary! I forgot I'm afraid of heights and here I am trudging up, up and up on some stinking mountain. I put my foot down this morning and I mean down, all the way down where they will remain...I'm too old for this stuff. [Frown] I nearly gagged on those Army meals, those poor soldiers having to eat that garbage. I have to admit however, I do like the turkey jerky. Tonight I'm making Chicken Roll-Ups with pasta sauce with Garlic Penne. We invited Doc and his daughters and a couple we met on the trail. It should be a nice evening, we can eat out on the deck with the entire mountain to gaze at. Now thats my idea of roughing it. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

[ May 31, 2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#81702 - 06/01/06 08:23 AM Re: walking challenge
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Sounds like you're having a great time in a beautiful place Chatty!!! That makes me happy....and definitely...no more hiking...save it for that glorious pool you like to walk in when you get home... [Smile]

#81703 - 06/03/06 06:05 PM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, can't wait to hear about the rest of your excursions.

Blondi, when do you get to go back and walk the beach again?

#81704 - 06/04/06 03:04 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Scattered throughout the different posts are excerpts from my vacation up on Mt. Charleston. I met, then rebuffed a possible suitor. I made some gourmet meals and became addicted toi turkey jerky. I went hiking up rugged terrain, never again!! [Eek!] I made friends with some chipmunks, wanted to bring some home but know better, they are wild creatures. Met numerous new friends in the lodge/hotel and had really good meals there, especially breakfasts. My granddaughter and I stayed up really late talking and laughing till we were exhausted, growing even closer. [Wink] All in all it was the most relaxing time I've had in awhile. She gave me a key and told me I can come up anytime I want to whether she's in town or not, as she does some traveling. Totally rested and still managed to stay in contact with the forum. Reeta, Rosee and I leave for our drive down the mountain tonight when the sun goes down and it cools off some....

[ June 04, 2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#81705 - 06/04/06 06:34 PM Re: walking challenge
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I have been a walker off and on for many years. I like how it makes me feel....healthy, refreshed,& energized. I would be consistent for a long time. Nothing would get in my way of my walk....then it would rain, or an appointment comes up, or something. It would be enough of an excuse to break my stride. So I would quit... using the excuse I simply didn't have the time, and when I did find the time, I would tell myself I was just too tired. So that would be the end of my walking regime for the time being....AGAIN! But later down the road, I would always start the walking routine again. This game has gone on for about 20 years with me. I have a quote that I keep on my frig. that Mother Teresa said, "God doesn't require us to succeed; He only requires that you try." So here I go again...trying to move my feet. I have started walking daily for about 2 weeks now. I roll out of bed about 5:15 A.M. and quickly change clothes, feed my cats, and out the door by 5:30 with my feral bed hair that I forget to run a brush through first. But oh, well. I'm not here for anyones viewing pleasure. [Wink] It is hard to roll my 50 year old butt out of bed at that time of morning, but it is the most peaceful, quiet, beautiful part of the day. All I can hear is the birds singing, a oot owl, and a rooster off in the distance. I feel the freshness of the morning air on my skin and then I see the sunrise... what beauty to behold....a new day, a new start to try again. I feel blessed and so close to God in that quiet time of the morning, and I spend my morning walk talking to Him.

I know sooner or later, an excuse will appear....but I know if I am blessed enough to have another day, I will try again! [Smile]

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved