The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 241 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7853 - 02/23/06 06:32 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Chatty Lady, thank you so much for that prayer. It really is beautiful and comforting. I've always told my husband, "Everything happens for a reason and you will know that reason someday." He just snorts and says that's a bunch of BS, but I really believe it.

Flipperjo, Renee and Bluebird, thank you all. I'll try. I'm sure Katie appreciates it too.

#7854 - 02/23/06 10:10 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Number5,

Thinking positively has carried us through many a bad patch. Often the reason was something we never would have thought of. I'm sorry about your husband's lack of support and encouragement. Please know that you have mine!

#7855 - 02/23/06 11:15 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Number 5, I share your 'everything happens for a reason' thinking. I have you in my nightly prayers. I hope all works out for you and your family.
chick

#7856 - 02/25/06 04:48 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Thank you Dotsie, Chic, NHJackie and flip, prayer is the best medicine.

I read and re-read your posts and all the encouraging posts when I start to feel the fear rising.

My husband rented a 3br/2ba house for himself to live in and told me that if my daughter goes somewhere, my grandaughter and I can't live with him. You know, I think I really am starting to hate him. God forgive me and give me the grace to forgive.

#7857 - 02/26/06 01:10 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
quote:
Originally posted by flipperjo:
Acknowledge your feelings and give them a voice during the journey through darkness but always remember that joy will come again.

Your feelings of hate and any other negatives are part of the journey, number 5. Don't feel guilty. Just give them a voice in safe places like this, then get on with your life and what you have to do.

still praying for you,
jo

#7858 - 03/08/06 09:04 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

With everything that is going on in my life, it sure would be nice to have the emotional support of my husband.

I hung up on him today and turned off my phone so no telling what awaits me tonight when I return home. He never has anything nice to say to me and everything I do is wrong. He was yelling at me. He yells at me all the time.

Tonight I think I'll have the courage to tell him I can't take being married to him anymore. He still hasn't moved into the house he leased yet. Says he can't stay there without me. He drinks more heavily now and chain smokes. He's trying to make me feel responsible for his health and well-being.

He says my daughter and I just make plans without consulting him first, but I had gone shopping with my grandaughter and a friend and let my daughter go out with her boyfriend. She never gets to go out on dates and I felt she needed the time.

He didn't have to be around my grandaughter. She fell asleep on the way back home and by the time my friend and I and GD got to the restaurant where my husband and her boyfriend were waiting for us, she slept through the meal.

He yelled at me and was in a horrible mood all night long and today and is still yelling because I didn't consult him first. I can't take it anymore.

It seems there is no place of peace in my life. There is no place I can go for rest and peace.

#7859 - 03/08/06 10:59 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I am sorry that there is no physical place you can go for peace, Number5, but try to go to the foot of the cross. At least, you may find peace in your soul.
I wish I lived close enough to say come, live with me.
Have you tried calling your pastor and telling him all that's been going on? Most churches have many resources and people to help.

#7860 - 03/10/06 03:42 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Thanks Bluebird,
I've decided to stop whining...unless I can have some cheese with my whine...LOL

I'm becoming proactive in my life and trying to carve out a life I can feel comfortable with. I'm studying stress and its affects on my body and cortisol, taking SamE, working out at the gym 5 times a week and doing different things to bring variety to my life.

#7861 - 03/09/06 04:31 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
You don't whine, Number5. You're sharing your heartaches with us. It's a healthy thing.
Just take care of yourself.

#7862 - 03/11/06 03:50 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Number5 it all sounds VERY healthy for yourself, what you are doing. And you go girl, 5 times a week? How great is that? I think you are very smart to take the bull by the horns and do things just for you. I applaud you!

JJ

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved