The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67297 - 09/19/04 07:41 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Are you staying home to watch yourself on Montel? Imagine Sammie's confusion!!!! LOL
Looking at you...looking at the television...looking at you.....you get the idea!!
Poooor Sammie!!!

#67298 - 09/18/04 08:09 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
huh? What is Roll Ti--ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ALABAMA'S INFAMOUS FOOTBALL TEAM? BEAR BRYANT? THE HOUNDSTOOTH HAT? BIG AL-- THE ELEPHANT? and of course they're chant "Rolllllll Tideeeee Rolllll."

Oh but surely you jest...I suppose next you will be telling me you've never attended any submarine races at the river bottom...eh?

Girl puleaseee...tell it to the Marines...they'll believe anything. teeheeeee...

JJ

#67299 - 09/19/04 04:45 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Dianne - I'm loving your stories about Sammie. Have you read "The Parrot Who Owned Me"? Can't remember the author but saw it at the library as a book on tape and am in line to listen to it.

#67300 - 09/19/04 04:47 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I saw that book at my cousin's house. As long as the bird doesn't die in it, I'll read it. I can't even watch the movie, Paulie, because they take the bird from the little girl, who looks just like my granddaughter!

JJ: I'm not a football fan and especially not college football. Barf. Bear Bryant I've heard of but as far as I know, he could be a member of synchronized swimming! I was a cheerleader in high school and we'd chant that cheer, First and ten, do it again...I didn't even know what it meant but I look really cute in my little, short skirt. [Wink] I dated football players. Does that count?

Thistle, the picture of your babies in the photo album melts my heart. How darling are they? Oh my gosh.

#67301 - 09/20/04 02:47 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I weave shawls on a tri-loom and have a home made video from a net-friend in LA state. In this video she's showing and telling how to weave (the warp & weft are both made at the same time so there's only a small amount of finishing work on the edging when the weaving is completed). Anyway, Margrett is saying, "you wrap the yarn around this peg and then take the yarn across the loom to this peg, wrap the yarn around this peg, up to this peg..." <you get the idea>. Well. In the background I can hear someone/thing SCREECH, "DIS HERE PEG!! DIS HERE PEG!!" It's her bird! SO FUNNY! Margrett never even realized her bird was screeching, she's so used to hearing his/her voice. We've had a few laughs about "DIS HERE PEG!"

My sheep - the lambs were a few weeks old and had a mama but on field trips children like to see bottle fed lambs. I enjoy feeding my lambs bottles and they, the little gluttons, enjoy the extra food and attention. It works for all of us.

Sheep story...unfortunately true. When we returned from Russia, we had 4 days before leaving for Alaska. I spent the time unpacking, sort of, doing laundry, re-packing and playing with the animals. I went to the pasture to visit the sheep & horses...the sheep looked more than a bit FAT. Hmmmmmm... I'm wondering *what* are they eating to get so fat when one of this year's ram lambs walks away from me. UH OH! I see where I forgot to castrate one back in May. Not good.

Fast forward to returning from Alaska...the ewes all look even FATTER and I'm now waiting for them to bag up. When they bag up, they'll be just a couple or three weeks away from lambing. I do NOT want lambs this time of year! Looks like I'm getting them though.

Would Sammie like a new challenge? Errr...I mean pet of her own? <g>

#67302 - 09/20/04 09:11 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thistle, are you speaking of a pet lamb? I don't think I can do that in my neighborhood! I'd be sleeping with it anyway and my dog would be really upset over that!

My young stud colt got loose in the barn once or I should say, my miniature donkey opened the stall guard with his teeth and let him out. So, I had to call the vet and have my mares checked out for possible pregnancies. I was afraid I'd be running a horse abortion clinic. Luckily, nothing happened but I had his you know whats whacked shortly after. [Eek!]

[ September 20, 2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#67303 - 09/20/04 09:40 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Good grief...I bet your hubby sleeps with one eye open...
[Eek!]
what?

JJ

#67304 - 09/23/04 03:52 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

He should... [Wink]

#67305 - 09/23/04 04:03 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

girl stop! You have me laughing out loud here....

You ARE kidding, right? eeek! [Eek!]

JJ

#67306 - 09/25/04 04:46 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I posted this before but it got lost in the black hole somewhere.

My husband said he was going to file a class action law suit on behalf of all the males on our farm because I had all of them, well, you know...whacked! He knew he was possibly next. I told him it would be a problem because he wouldn't have anything to scratch in the morning. You have to picture him standing at the kitchen window with a cup of coffee, staring across his "spread" every morning, scratching. It's a man thing I guess (I hope!). I don't know, some nights I remove my bra and it feels really good to scratch. [Big Grin]

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved