The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 231 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#6656 - 08/02/05 12:49 AM Re: Dads & Daughters
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I didn't want to post over this very important topic so I started another one about OUR fathers and their relationship with US. It is titled fathers, daughters, and husbands.

Sounds like we all have a lot to discuss about our fathers as well as the fathers of our children.
smile

[ August 01, 2005, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#6657 - 08/02/05 01:31 PM Re: Dads & Daughters
Misfire Offline

Loc: Maryland
Do we choose men who are like our fathers?

Hmmm --- let me think now --- my father was a mechanical engineer who put himself through college, my husband is a mechanical engineer who put himself through college. My mother and father dated for 5 years before they married, my husband and I dated for 8 years before we married. Because of my mother's depression, my father learned about relationships and the importance of talking, because of my depression, my husband has become savvy about relationships and the importance of talking. My father was a reliable loving man who strived to provide a better life for his family, my husband, well, it goes without saying. [Wink]

#6658 - 08/02/05 11:59 PM Re: Dads & Daughters
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi y'all, the pattern of marrying a partner who is like our father is a topic I cover heavily in my book. We are not only looking for obvious similarities, but the similarity of emotions we feel when in their company. Here's a passage from my book, and Todd was the man who married me (I was too passive) who was 18 years older than me and JUST LIKE MY FATHER: ***As I was responding to my counselor, I recognized the connection between my real father and my husband. There were obvious similarities between my father and Todd: My father liked country music, guns, and unfiltered cigarettes. There were also subtle similarities: Todd teased me like my father had and stirred sensations in the pit of my stomach, just like my father had. I was confused by Todd’s attention even as I craved affection, the same as with my father.***My now husband is not like my father or step father at all and I am not like the child I was or the young adult who got married to an older man. I noticed that my brothers' first wives are like my mother! Love and Light, Lynn

#6659 - 08/03/05 12:03 AM Re: Dads & Daughters
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi, here's another paragraph on the topic. Karen was my counselor.***Karen remarked, “You’re becoming more aware of patterns that pertained to your husband and family. It’s not unusual to do things as we saw them done.”
“Oh, I get it,” I responded. “Todd was the perfect pick for perpetuating passivity.”***

What I am heartened about on this thread is that there are many of you who had GOOD relationships with your fathers. I'm glad to hear of these! Okay, off with my head now, I already had my chance as featured author. But this thread obviously struck a chord with me! LLL

#6660 - 08/06/05 03:39 AM Re: Dads & Daughters
Misfire Offline

Loc: Maryland
My daughter is coming home from a 9-day trip today and my husband is coming home from a 4-day business trip tonight.

Wish us luck as the whole family will be back together again. [Smile]

My mantra will be: "It's not my job to be the peacemaker ... it's not my job to be the peacemaker." [Wink]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved