The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#66303 - 03/22/06 05:37 AM Re: Childhood beliefs?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Oh That is just soooooo cute Norma... [Smile]

#66304 - 03/22/06 04:17 PM Re: Childhood beliefs?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, here's comes a downer.

I remember thinking that if I hadn't confessed my sins (talking back to Mom) and got hit by a car and died, I would go to hell. That's what I was taught.

So I'd go to confession and within a day, I'd be back in the grasp of hell if anything drastic happened.

One night I dashed across the street before dinner to see a friend. I almost got hit by a car. The wheels screeched and my left foot was at the base of the front tire. Way too close.

All I could think about was rushing out when I should have been home waiting for dinner. I couldn't get my thoughts out of hell.

My beliefs have changed. Thank God!

#66305 - 03/22/06 04:37 PM Re: Childhood beliefs?
pepper Offline

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
I used to believe that old sing song "if you step on a crack, you will break your mother's back""...I had a hard time walking on sidewalks for many years...then YEARS later I saw that movie "As Good as it Gets" with Jack Nicholson...he was so phobic that he could not walk over any cracks...Man!!! and I thought I had lost my mind.
Also, my sister and I would sleep together in bed when we were small..she would hold my hand as I fell asleep because I was afraid of the dark...I know you will all say...:that's cute" but here's the rest of the story: She told me if I could no longer feel her hand the devil took her away...she would move her hand on PURPOSE and I would scream...My mom would come into the room and by that time she was laughing and I was still screaming...I really do not know to this day if my Mom ever knew the truth.
Karen C

#66306 - 03/22/06 05:30 PM Re: Childhood beliefs?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Can I relate to the Heaven Hell thing! I spent most of my childhood trying to stay out of hell. Being raised in a mostly Catholic town didn't help either because friends helped reinforce..."You're going to hell..."
I remember asking my Mother once time, "Mom, when I die am I going to hell?" She said ...."did you kill anyone?" "No." "Well, God will forgive you for a lot of things as long as you don't do really bad stuff."
Karen, have you and your sister talked about those times lately?
chick

#66307 - 07/28/06 02:10 AM Re: Childhood beliefs? [Re: chickadee]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
My sister told me there was no santa. For once, she got in trouble.

Jama

#66308 - 10/15/06 12:16 PM Re: Childhood beliefs? [Re: Eagle Heart]
SuperMod60 Offline

I loved Santa Clause but when I found out he wasn't real, along with the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, I decided that God was not real either. It took me a long time to find him again and believe. I thought he was just made up by my parents to keep me in line. I think that teaching kids about these wonderful beings that don't exist is not a good thing. I always told my kids that Santa Clause, etc., were just for fun, not real, so they would not have to go through the pain of finding out that I had lied to them.

#66309 - 10/15/06 12:52 PM Re: Childhood beliefs? [Re: SuperMod60]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hey Linda! You're a babe! Welcome.

My sister also told me Santa wasn't real and she didn't get into trouble. She never did.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#66310 - 10/15/06 03:25 PM Re: Childhood beliefs? [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What? There's no Santa Claus!

#66312 - 10/15/06 05:24 PM Re: Childhood beliefs? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Always was and still am terrified of basements, feel like when climbing the stairs someone is going to grab me. To many monster movies as a kid I think. I don't remember ever believing in Santa or Easter Bunnies or anything, wonder why??? Shrink, I need a shrink!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#66313 - 10/15/06 05:36 PM Re: Childhood beliefs? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Next you'll be telling me that Elvis is dead. What is the matter with you people?

Anne..you're Mom cracked me up on that one! Can't afford them! hahahahah....

If I were you all, I'd start being a littttttttle bit nicer. The Thanksgiving Turkey might not visit your table this year. Wait...wrong. It's the Great Pumpkin...no wait, it's ---- Sam Elliott...no wait, ... hm...I seem to be a tad confused. Let me get back to you...JJ

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved