The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65454 - 09/15/05 12:58 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Well in reading my post it is the doll(!!) that is on my shelf in the closet!! Sounds kind of hideous without that rejoinder!! Sorry for that

#65455 - 09/15/05 01:04 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Knew that, was sure you weren't collecting bodies in the closet. I too had one of those dolls. My Godfather bought it for me when I was having my tonsils out. You will love Betty's Attic, so many nostalgic delights and by the way WELCOME to our site, glad to have you here judym. [Wink]

#65456 - 09/15/05 01:16 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Judy, welcome! I'm glad to hear you aren't a body collector.

Do you find your memory being jolted by this forum? I do. I had forgotten how my daughter had cut the hair off her Barbie dolls when she was little. She was always giving them new looks. [Eek!]

#65457 - 09/15/05 01:17 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
judym Offline

Thanks,chatty lady, made me LOL. I loved that doll, still do!! Glad to hear from you! Obviously new to the site, read about it this am in the Hartford Courant, was doggone excited to get here and log in! Didn't even know this existed, a good place to be!

#65458 - 09/15/05 01:20 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
judym Offline

Oh yeah, Dotsie, and ain't it grand!! I find the memories of the past are much easier than where the car keys are! Trying to cope and finding a lot of hope here! The trouble with cutting off Patty's hair, I thought at the time hers would grow back as mine did! The things you think of! A good grin and a nice warm feeling, so good to be here!

#65459 - 09/15/05 05:24 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well,
My Betsy Wetsy stopped weting when I put milk in her bottle . I should have just used water . I think I have told this story and still have the doll today . She had the china head not rubber . She is so cute today. She is hiding in a closet in my spare room . I put perfume on her head to make her smell good . That poor doll what she went thru with me. I still have my old table and chairs . My daughter used the table and chairs when she was little. They were brown in color . Did anyone have a table and chair set ?

#65460 - 09/15/05 05:59 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
No table and chairs but still have a rocking horse that I got when only about 6 months old and its still in great shape and very colorful..Also have a Cupie doll dressed in a train Brakemans uniform, it was my mothers so is very old....pretty good shape however.

#65461 - 09/16/05 03:39 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Oh, my twin and I had a table and chairs set. It was painted white with a red vinyl top and the chairs had red vinyl seats. We had it forever. Played tea time and school under our Willow tree with it.

I still have a big "Linda Lee" baby doll and a big bridesmaid doll from when I was smaller. I have storybook dolls also. Does anyone have or remember those? I love them.

Sandpiper

#65462 - 09/17/05 05:09 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Oh the table and chair sets! They were so much fun! I remember them. The little tea parties with the cute metal dishes. They were great.

How about books? Does anyone remember Mrs. Ticklefeather? That had to be my favorite childhood story. I talked about it for years. Told my daughter so many times about it. I recently bought it online. I got 2! One for my daughter so she can save it. (Well I couldn't give her the one I bought for myself.) I was so thrilled to be able to find it still.

Louisa

#65463 - 09/17/05 05:29 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We had a desk from the Catholic school! [Smile] The one piece type. We would play Catholic school! [Smile]
(I'm a public school child!!)

I remember a doll...where you could pull it's hair out & then it'd twist back in again. I gave that one a trim!!! [Smile]

I think one of my favorite toys had to be my Barbie's palamino horse! You could comb it's tail & mane. I used to play with that for hours!!! We were a big Barbie & her friends house!!

I remember going every Saturday to Kresgee's & I was given $2. I would buy 2 outfits every week for my Barbie's!! My mom would give me $1 & my friend's grandmother would give me $1. I had a huge case full of clothes...with little hangers for them.

My niece got to my Barbie's....they ended up without any arms or legs!!! We found all our games when we were moving my mom. I have a box of stuff in our shed---a set of trains & some other things I didn't have time to go thru.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved