The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60262 - 05/25/05 01:26 AM Re: Life in general
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hey Chick, How hard is it to set up a selling site on Ebay? I have a library of books, all hard back, read2 times that I'm wanting to get rid of. I'm really trying not to have to go back to work part time.

#60263 - 05/25/05 05:59 AM Re: Life in general
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sherri and others, I would recommend half.com because you don't pay upfront to list. They already have pics. They give you shipping reimbursment and you only pay commission when a book sells.

Go to www.half.com and check out my listings. My seller name is bunchastuf.

I suggest you register and take any old book and try listing. I am here if and when you need me.

I will list some pros and cons here tomorrow when I have more time.

I can say one thing, I am like chatty. I looove to work in my jammies [Cool]

chick

#60264 - 05/26/05 03:49 AM Re: Life in general
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, I'm glad the sun was shining for you yesterday. I see that as a little blessing. There's nothing worse than feeling down without the sun in sight. [Wink]

I'm a fixer so don't mind me. Have you tried keeping a gratitude journal? It can work miracles by changing your perspective. I use to be more negative, but after years of looking for the blessings, I'm a much more positive person. Just a thought.

I know there are still periods of sadness. I'm blaming hormones!

Another trick is for us to not compare our lives to other's.

I'll pray your hubby works through this. Do you want him to have the courage to learn this new profession?

#60265 - 05/25/05 04:36 PM Re: Life in general
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

Days like yesterday are VERY rare for me. I know most of it was very HORMONAL and very ATMOSPEHERIC.

My husband struggles with "being a grown up"...he wants to run away from it all...and I personally, just want to throttle him.

I hate when I let "him" get ME down!

I am an optimist, a visionary, and a PARTY girl (in a good way!).

He is a pessimist, shortsighted, and miserable. LOL. (a marriage made in heaven).

I just want him to be happy with his life - but that is HIS choice. He hates his current boss and work situation, but I believe he is VERY afraid to step into something new.

So, this morning, I woke up and said, "Lord, it is a new day"..and I've just gone on from there!

Case closed! LOL!

Thanks again for just letting me vent - and also Dotsie, feel free to pray for him! He needs it! LOL!

hugs,
danita
(the party girl!)

#60266 - 05/25/05 06:22 PM Re: Life in general
Danita Offline

OK ladies,

you HAVE to check this out. It is funny AND inspirational.

http://www.upchucky.net/~upchucky/flash-fun/farmer-donkey.swf

#60267 - 05/25/05 08:20 PM Re: Life in general
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
My laugh for the day, and inspiring too. Thanks for sharing.

#60268 - 05/27/05 12:06 AM Re: Life in general
Princess Lenora Offline

Danita, I hope you are better by now. There is nothing worse than PMS and MEN in the same week. Any faults my husband may have had were aggravated to the max when I had PMS. That included breathing. I told him once to STOP BREATHING! YOUR BREATHING IS BOTHERING ME! There was no relief except to knock myself out with Xanax. Apple pie? How wholesome! I'd rather go straight into a double dose of chocolate ice cream. And, Danita, considering how voluptuous you are, you'd get a pretty penney for your body parts! I hope you know that voluptuous is a compliment! Oh, I thought that I was your new best friend! Girlfriends, they are all so fickle! Love and Light, Lynn

#60269 - 05/27/05 12:38 PM Re: Life in general
Danita Offline

Lynn,

So glad to hear from you before we are off to our great adventure (south dakota)!

You are so right about MEN and PMS in one week! LOL

Haven't you heard that:

MENtal illness
MENoupause
MENstral cramps

ALL begin with M.E.N! LOL

I think I'm feeling better today - then again, it's only 5 am, I reading boomer posts, and the whole house is asleep! (what more can a girl want)

You ARE my new best friend, silly! In fact, we're going to have to set up a date in the next wk or so. Breanna's Bo came - so I want to go to Garden of the Gods and have lunch with you!

Thanks for the statement on being "vuluptious". LOL. You are sooo cute! I'm trying to scale down my "vuluptiousness" before my trip to Hawaii. Can't say my eating for the past 4 days has helped any!

anywho, Lynn, my dear precious friend,

have an awesome wk.end...and think about what day next wk would suit you for a visit!

hugs,
danita

#60270 - 05/28/05 03:10 AM Re: Life in general
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What fun to know the two of you are becoming friends in person. [Big Grin]

Danita, maybe you need to get your husband to journal. What can we do to get him in a better place?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved