The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58102 - 08/25/05 05:15 PM Re: husbands&travel
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Pattyann,

Sounds like you've found a piece of heaven on earth. I wish we could say goodbye to summer here in Mobile...way to hot still...walk outside and five minutes later need a shower from the humidity. But, I shouldn't complain...I do miss the changing seasons though...we have two...summer and not quite summer...one day the leaves are on the trees, the next day you look out and they're on the ground. No crisp fall evenings, no changing of leaves, no going from sleeveless to sleeves to sweaters to coats...boom, overnight...intense for about 3 weeks and then back to summer.
I hope it snows while we're in Wichita...I miss snow...hate driving in it but love playing in it..even at 54. I'm going to try to bring some back in a cooler so I can hang on to it and throw it at my best girlfriend.
Yes, Larry is a sweetheart. He was married twice before to two very horrid women...he's such a soft, gentle soul, I cannot imagine ever being mean or hurting him...he was treated horribly according to his family...his first finally left to screw around with cyper young men...good ridence...his second only wanted him for his money...and treated him horribly as well. His family tells me stories that make me shudder. Our relationship is built on love and respect and I think the reason we don't argue is because we talk about things before we let them get to the upset stage. I'm sure I get on his nerves at times but being the gentle soul he is he never complains. We've both been with people who hurt us so at our age we're very appreciative of each other...and we truly love each other...that has made all the difference in the world. I could not imagine my life without him.
Pattyann, did you and your man marry? I wasn't sure by your last sentence if you would if he asked or if you were married. I said I'd never marry again, too, until I met Larry. I waited a long time to watch him and observe his behavior in all kinds of situations...I wanted to meet his family, his kids, his mother (he loves his mom and does all he can for her)...that's always a good sign...and he wanted to get married sooner than I did so I made him wait until I was convinced he was who he said he was...we're both glad we waited and had a beautiful wedding in the home of my best friend...my sons walked me to him and gave me away...it was a truly romantic evening and our minister said our wedding was the most meaningful and most heartfelt he'd ever witnessed. We wrote our own vows and brought everyone to tears...poor Larry starting crying with his fist sentence to me...in our entrance hall of our house I have a little table one sees when they first come in...it has a beautiful wedding picture of us kissing, my bouquet, unity candle and toast glasses, our guest book and the cross that topped our cake. Everyone who sees it just loves it...we want everyone to know that we truly put our marriage first and I am the luckiest woman on the planet. There's nothing like a good, steady marriage to make the rests of life a breeze. I know that when the rest of the world is being horid, I can turn to larry and feel safe and loved.
I hope you have found this kind of love, too. Blessing to you.

#58103 - 08/25/05 11:06 PM Re: husbands&travel
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Yes , Dee,
I married my wonderful man thirteen years ago. He too was married twice before- I once before.
We are so unalike but so committed- He is the romantic, giddy- everything will work out no matter what one- and you know it does- and me the worrier has learned to let go and more fully live
We were married in one of those hokey honeymoon resorts in the Poconoes with the round beds and the champagne flute bathtubs- it was just us but it was soooo calm and meaningful and you know we look at pictures and since I met this man I'm smiling
Between the two of us we have five kids and seven grandkids and a real life
He bought me a pillow that says "Fairy Tales do Come True" but this is better than anything Cinderella had
I crank - he laughs- he gets quiet- I make funny faces- we both know that whatever comes we will face it together
You sound so happy-so you know
After 15 years with this man I know that for the first 39 years of my life I was searching for him and for the rest of forever we will share love

#58104 - 08/26/05 12:12 AM Re: husbands&travel
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Pattyann,

Your story sound so sweet...and you're a grandmom, too...I'm jealous. Sounds like a match made in heaven...you two are truly soul mates.
I guess if there was one thing I wish Larry was different in is the romantic side...not an once of it in his body...but, I knew that when I married him so I can't complain. He makes up for it in every other aspect of our marriage so I'm grateful for the man he is. I'm sure he wishes I had a 40 year old body...but he accepts me the way I am. The most important thing is what you said...no matter what we'll face it together...as long as you have that everything should be okay. Bless you, girl.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved