The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#57306 - 07/09/06 12:27 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, happy birthday to one of the most tender women I've ever not met. I hope to meet you one day so I can experience your heart in person! I'm so glad you were aware of His presence on your big day!

#57307 - 07/09/06 03:50 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, Meeting you would be such a delight. I too hope it happens. If you ever think about coming to Canada and want to see the nation's capital, you know you have open arms waiting for you here.

Something quite delightful has been happening in my spiritual life. There's a companionship and intimacy that I've never had to this profound level before. You know from my book that we (God and I) went through a long, terrible dark patch after Dad died. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to forgive Him for not healing my Dad (and there were legitimate reasons for expecting that He would). But we made it through and there's a closeness that wasn't there before. It often reminds me of that song "In the Garden"...I feel like I'm actually living the song in my daily life.

I truly believe that God specifically sent three key influences into my life to help me find my way to this delightful new level of Presence: you, through your shining example of faith and faithfulness, Leigha (also from this site) and parts of Betty Eady's book "Embraced by the Light".

(Maya Angelou)

#57308 - 07/10/06 08:51 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Well Eagle, as you know, it is not me, but God at work through me. But thanks, I'll still take it as a compliment. Do you stay in touch with Leigha? I wonder how she is healing...

#57309 - 07/18/06 07:15 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I decided to read through this entire post, and then comment on whatever I remember -- if anything haha.

Hi Lola! Great to hear the news from the other side of the pond

Eagle, I already wished you happy birthday, but here's another! You deserve all the blessings you can get.

Living in a large metropolitan area, we have a plethora of ethnic food. I love Thai, too, especially a certain vegan Thai restaurant where I can order everything and not worry about the contents. They're so good that my husband, who doesn't necessarily want to eat out vegetarian, loves this place as well.

Back about 45 years ago, I was REALLY good at hula hoop and limbo rock -- won a bunch of contests blahblah. Now even thinking about it makes me want to get a bottle of Motrin and an ice pack.

But I think I still can disco, at least for 2 minutes

Poet and essayist

#57310 - 07/19/06 04:00 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Meredith: Nice to meet you. You've resurrected this thread. Bless that 2-minute disco! How long have you been vegetarian/vegan? I have only recently been off red meat. Not entirely because I do not know how to go about replenishing protein in one go. I lived in San Gabriel Valley for three years and still have rellies in OC. You folks must be broiling in the heat. A nephew from LA was visiting London and has only gone back on Monday and was not looking forward to a California summer.

#57311 - 07/21/06 03:57 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: Lola]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Hi Lola, I'm not vegetarian per se, but most of my food is. Haven't eaten red meat for 30+ years. I do eat fish 1 or 2x a week and love dairy.

Every time the newscasters give the weather report, I hear the word "hotter." I'm inland so don't get ocean breezes like the beach areas. However, the whole USA sems to be in a heat wave. My hubbo and I plan our weekends around airconditioning -- movies and museums are good!

Poet and essayist

#57312 - 08/03/06 06:49 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: meredithbead]
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
I wonder what it really would be like for us all to meet - great fun....in one of my threads I sopke about house swapping, but that was rort with concerns, how about meeting on a cruise liner with all our partners and kids, and if it was a big enough ship then we could or could not choose to stay with the group, depending on if we liked each other or not...just a thought, I have long service coming along and my husband has always wanted to go on a cruise, how does the Maldives sound........

#57313 - 08/04/06 02:50 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: DebShines]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Debshines: You going on a cruise? I have not been on anything that floats for yonks. The last time was in '85 crossing the English Channel by hovercraft from Calais. Sea legs and I don't seem to like each other's company. But it would be fun to meet the boomers though.

#57314 - 08/09/06 01:28 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: Lola]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I have no idea where the Maldives are, but it sounds great. Sometimes travel is outside my budget; sometimes not. And I'd definitely leave whoozit at home.

Poet and essayist

#57315 - 08/09/06 08:00 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I think Dots has a convention in mind for all boomers, but I for one will not be doing a cruise. At least I don't think so. I don't like being on the water AT ALL! Not after seeing JAWS, the movie...no sireeeee. And now with all of the bad publicity the ships are getting, people getting murdered onboard, missing, and ships tipping over. Give me dry land. But even though I'm a wuss, it doesn't mean that you all couldn't meet and do a cruise! I've always thought that being on a ship where you could eat all the time, drink, be entertained and swim, would be paradise...if it was just on dry land. LOL!

JJ

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved