The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#55944 - 12/01/05 04:20 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
The hair on fire comment was a JOKE!!! I would never wish harm on anyone, it was a JOKE!!! I don't like Hillary, but is was a JOKE!!!

Did I mention...it was a JOKE???

#55945 - 12/01/05 04:37 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Rare? I like that. It's better than weird, ya know?

I think I've got it...it was a joke.

#55946 - 12/01/05 04:47 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Well Dianne, technically you can be rare and weird.... [Wink]

And that, too, was a JOKE!!! ((HUGS))

#55947 - 12/01/05 04:48 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

I should have said "one can be rare and weird".

Like me.

#55948 - 12/01/05 04:57 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
mattie123 Offline

Loc: everywhere USA
Bluebird,
I forgot to tell you I worked as a Clinical SW at Broward General Hsp. in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. for the most part years ago. Also, in mental health in California, Illinois and Florida. As I said, I get around! Yes, I would vote for Hillary or Condolessa Rice.
Mattie123

#55949 - 12/01/05 05:00 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Vi... thank you for speaking up, for what it's worth, i agree 100 percent. The lifes of thousands are now being destroyed or have been destroyed because of certain decisions made by those with power and out of harm's way. Whether the decisions taken were right or wrong is worth discussing, but maybe on a different thread.
(JJ... thanks for the pm, but to tell the truth, i was livid when i seen the discussion go to such a low ebb)... do i dare post this ? ... well i will anyway.......

#55950 - 12/01/05 05:20 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Norma,
You may post anything you like. That is what this board is about. Just like the other women may choose to do.

The fact that they decided to use humor to diffuse a potentially harmful discussion which was going bad, is a tribute to them, and this board. I hate that you felt what some intended, and that was for you to be livid.

Did you really think that everyone was going to agree on this subject? Of course they weren't. And, as has been in the past in here, and will be so again, anytime you discuss politics or religion, you are going to have disagreements. You have your beliefs, and others have theirs.

No one holds the monopology on feelings around here, or holds the monopology on what's right, wrong, or held sacred. Some of these women making light of the situation have lost love ones to war, but yet, they still find the courage to move on, and yes, post some light bantering.

Before anybody post, think about this... what is your motivation? Is it to stir things up? Is it to really have a good old fashion debate? Is it to hurt someone's feelings, or draw people out? Or is it to push your own beliefs down someone else's throat (not saying you did or have)? What exactly IS your motivation? Ask yourself that question.

And if it is anything but out of friendship, sharing or caring, or just to inform, then don't do it.

If this makes you livid, then so be it.

JJ

#55951 - 12/01/05 05:34 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

When I originally posted this question I honestly thought it would stir up some good, intelligent debate. It has.

I truthfully had no idea so many people have such strong, negative feelings about Hillary Clinton.

How are we to know what is going to upset some folks and not others? Should we avoid all subjects of politics or religion? It would seem petty and dull to do so in my own opinion.

#55952 - 12/01/05 05:41 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
There are a lot more interesting things to discuss than politics. That's for sure!

Personally, I haven't seen one politian, Republican or Democrat that is 100% perfect. For us to get all upset defending any of them and arguing with our sisters over them is very silly in my humble opinion.

Dull? I never found BWS dull when we weren't fighting. Has anyone else?

There are plenty of political forums out there where people can discuss politics, my vote is that we don't need it in here. It only causes hard feelings.

#55953 - 12/01/05 05:45 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
JJ i also agree with your above posting... i should have said i was livid because some things seemed below the belt comments..... but i also could have been wrong in that thought..... i stand corrected......

[ December 01, 2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved