The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#55863 - 11/21/05 07:26 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Just a small correction here. Chatty refers to Bill and Hillary as "poor white trash with money."

Actually, that's his background, not hers. Hillary was raised in Park Ridge, an upper-middle to upper class all white conservative suburb of Chicago, which thought it was liberal when Catholics were allowed to move in after John Kennedy was elected. When I graduated high school there in 1968, Jews, blacks, Asians et al were still prohibited from buying property in Park Ridge. I believe Hillary must have attended a private high school; otherwise she would've been at mine. He came from poverty but she came from privilege.

#55864 - 11/22/05 03:31 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Not to speak for Chatty, but seems to me "White Trash" is not an economic situation, but an attitude. No matter how rich or poor either Bill and Hilary were or may be, they both qualify as white trash in my book.

History will show how they endangered, corrupted, and trashed our country.

smile

#55865 - 11/21/05 04:15 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What really turned me off to Hillary was when Bush gave his speech right after 9/11 and her bored reaction while she sat in the audience. That did it for me.

#55866 - 11/21/05 05:14 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
As a media scholar, I'm interested in the fact that in this discussion people are blaming "the media" for the way they portray Bush but not for the portrayals of Hillary Clinton. If we don't know Ms. Clinton from media portrayals, then how in the world do we know anything about her?

Here's some information: Richard Mellon Scaife, the Pittsburgh billionare who funds conservative think tanks among other things, can't stand Democrats, especially if they're women. The conservative think tanks put on a united face so that they all say the same thing whenever interviewed or whenever commenting (the think tanks I'm referring to include the Heritage foundation, the American Enterprise Institute, the Cato Institute and individuals who receive money from them include William Bennett, Elliott Abrams, Jack Kemp, lynn Cheney, Irving Cristol, Richard Perle. Journalists and news personalities who benefit from the think tank money include George Will, Michael Novak, Ann Coulter, Dinesh D'Sousa, Rush Limbaugh, and O'Reilly. Check out the facts. These are the folks who have been destroying the pursuit of objective journalism by encouraging partisanship, by killing the public service provisions of the original communications laws and turning "news" into entertainment. That's how it was practiced in the 1830s. Must we revert back to such unenlightened times?

The hatred in the country directed at Hillary Clinton seems out of proportion to anything she every actually did. Was it because of the chocolate chip cooky bake-off she had with Barbara Bush or what? I see it mostly as misogynistic.

p.s. Meredith -- I'm a Chicago girl too -- northern suburbs (on the lake).

#55867 - 11/21/05 07:13 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Hi DJ.. your list includes many but not all of the PNAC group, but of course there couldn't be a connection ?? have a great day DJ

[ November 21, 2005, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

#55868 - 11/21/05 08:21 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
DJ, my opinion of Hilary is based on her portrayal of herself,not the media's portrayal of her. I agree with smile about the white trash being about their attitude. Remember what they did to the White House before they left? Pres. Bush calls it the People's house, which it is. How then did Bill and Hilary feel about the People?? and Dianne, I too, noticed Hil's reaction to our Pres.'s speech after 9/11. She has no respect for him or our country. BTW - can't wait to see you on Geraldo tonight!

#55869 - 11/21/05 10:11 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
1 reason people don't like Hilary is her attitude of arrogance that she shows on tv. Maybe her handlers should coach her better.

What woman in her right mind would take a louse like bill back after such public humiliation unless it was for power? I think she is slicker than Bill.

Daisygirl

#55870 - 11/21/05 11:00 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You've all heard of the woman behind the man well look no further it was Hilary and she called the shots and this came from someone very close to the Bundys, oops meant the Clintons...she's bad news no mmatter how they try to convince us different...Just say "NO" when she runs for office or live to regret it....
Oh and thanks Smile you were exactly right about my white trash meaning...

#55871 - 11/21/05 11:36 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Good God, maybe Hillary Clinton practiced certain christian teachings, and decided to 'forgive'..
maybe she didn't believe in kicking someone while they were down .... Whether she has 'respect' for the current President of the US i have no idea. But if 'appearances' is what we judge each other on now, heaven help us all.
"White trash" what kind of phrase is that anyway? What would Kenny Boy Lay of Enron be called ?
#$%#@$#!@!!@!@

#55872 - 11/21/05 11:42 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
That's absolutely right, Norma, she may have forgiven her in private after he apologized to her in private. That is their business.
White trash just means acting very low class, not money-wise. Did you ever hear that Bill and Hilary took things when they left the White House? Things that belonged to the White House and not to them? That's acting like white trash...

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved