The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#55903 - 11/23/05 10:07 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Well, it was a different time for certain.

#55904 - 11/23/05 11:31 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

JawJaw, I think it's okay this time. My bat's in the corner along with my broom. LOL!!!!!!!

#55905 - 11/24/05 05:23 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
i'm a little confused at all the talk about this thread getting offensive. i haven't seen any personal slams against members, only against polititians - most of whom have it coming. i am not personally offended if any of you have a different opinion from mine and voice it. i see the debate as healthy and invigorating. i think we (meaning people in general) are too quick to personalize opposing views and apologize for our own.

my dad loved a good debate. from him, i learned that you can argue till you turn blue as long as you don't hit below the belt and you walk away without a grudge. it is one of the things i miss most about him.

so, ladies, ring the bell and start another round!

#55906 - 11/24/05 01:37 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I haven't seen anything against members either, Flipper. We do tend to have strong feelings about our political leaders in this country, that's for sure! I, too, love a good debate. I think we've all handled it very well.

#55907 - 11/24/05 01:47 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I agree with JawJaw. Everytime a discussion starts with politics or religion, it is going to become a heated topic.

I never have nor will I ever disrespect anyone else's opinion as to what side they are on. Even President Reagan and Tip O'Neil would go out together for cocktails after the work day. I have heard once on a talk radio show that Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsberg are good friends. It is not unusual for them to socialize together with thier spouses.

Having said this, I still wouldn't vote for Hillary, but I would vote for Condi in a heartbeat.

For the record, I am a "Conservative Libertarian".

Happy Thanksgiving to all my "conservative" and "liberal" friends!

Cheers and God Bless,
Cathi

[ November 24, 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Optimumsteps ]

#55908 - 11/24/05 02:05 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Cathi, and all I was trying to say is "lets be mindful of others " because you and I both have been on this board long enough to KNOW that a few words misused, or a tad too heated, can lead to hurt feelings and people leaving...

Debates ARE healthy, and can be invigorating, no one is disputing this (no pun intended)... it was just a gentle, or maybe not so gentle reminder that we can and should be able to speak our minds, just don't demand that others explain their position if it is opposing your own.

That's all... and it was certainly NOT intended to spark another debate...

JJ

#55909 - 11/24/05 02:39 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Wisdom&Life Offline

quote:
we can and should be able to speak our minds, just don't demand that others explain their position if it is opposing your own.
We should never make this demand. JawJaw you said this best and I am glad that you did. I want to add that I don't like anyone less because they have opposing views from mine. If that was the case, I would leave my husband, LOL. He is a liberal! We both learned to not question each other quite awhile ago [Big Grin] .

Another example and I am going to name names. I know that Meredith and I do not agree on many issues, but I really like Meredith. In other words, it is the person, not the views.

I love you all alot!

Cheers and Blessings,
Cathi

#55910 - 11/25/05 02:37 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks Cathi! I like you too. [Smile]

And for the record, I'm probably a liberal libertarian.

#55911 - 11/25/05 02:46 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Wisdom&Life Offline

quote:
And for the record, I'm probably a liberal libertarian.
LOL [Big Grin] ! I hope you had a Great Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Cathi

#55912 - 11/29/05 05:03 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
as for hilllery..YES...i ADORE HER...my only answer..

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved