The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#55893 - 11/23/05 04:04 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It just dawned on me...we never looked down on Jackie Kennedy when she stayed with him through all of his affairs. Is it because she wasn't involved in politics on a business level?

#55894 - 11/23/05 04:34 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

That's true Dianne. Jackie had class but certainly not the level of intelligence Hillary Clinton has. No one looked down on her but then Kennedy's every transgression was never reported and brought out in public. Imagine the humiliation of having everyone know what your spouse did! I don't know Hillary personally so I am not in a position to berate her decision to stay with her husband. As someone wisely said before, she was the president's wife at the time, and she couldn't just leave.

Many strong women are called B-witches simply because they are strong.

May I again say that because I do not know Hillary personally I am in no position to assess her moral character.

Sandpiper, your views are similar to mine. We had peace and prosperity under Clinton. Both of my children thought his philandering was a disgrace and felt he should publicly apologize to Hillary in front of the American people. Morals are first taught in the home.

All of you have good points on this issue but as Sandpiper said, what Bill Clinton did does not determine whether or not Hillary would make a good president.

#55895 - 11/23/05 09:15 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Hilary may be smart, but she lacks wisdom...much more important in my book.

#55896 - 11/23/05 09:18 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Actually, we don't know that Jackie wasn't as intelligent....In that time women weren't asked, expected or perhaps even wanted to work or have an opinion. They were to stand by and support.

We don't know if she knew about his affairs--and in that time it was scandalous to forbidden to divorce as a Catholic. Jackie didn't have a choice. Hillary did. I go back to what I said earlier....I still think she sold herself--self esteem ect for the position.

Just my opinion...

#55897 - 11/23/05 09:28 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

I've no doubt Hillary had an agenda so to speak, in staying with Bill Clinton but it does not diminish her own capabilities.

According to several books I've read on the subject, Jacqueline Kennedy was well aware of her husbands affairs and purposely looked the other way. Whether these accounts are true or not is anyone's guess.

#55898 - 11/23/05 09:41 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hello peopleeeeee. Anytime you start a post on religion or politics, you are asking for it.

YOU WOMEN KNOW THIS. And now you are so surprised that tempers are rising? Puleaseeeee.

You know these are controversial subjects and we all come from different backgrounds and beliefs. There will be no winners here. REPEAT: THERE WILL BE NO WINNERS HERE IN THIS SECTION. Capish?

Why do you find it so unbelieveable that you are getting so many people with opinions that differ from your own? And I'm speaking in general terms, not to anyone, so put down that baseball bat.

Every one on this board is welcome to voice their own opinions, and they don't have to match. As a matter of fact, if they did, how boring would that be? But for Pete's sake, quit calling people out on their opinions and demanding that they give account just because YOUR candidate wasn't put in a favorable light. They DO NOT have to match what you think.

Comment, then leave others to do the same.

Now, everybody take off your gloves, go to your own corners, and let's take five.

JJ

#55899 - 11/23/05 09:43 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

I might add that Jackie Kennedy was very intelligent in many other areas not connected to politics.

She was not uneducated, quite the contrary. She studied in Paris at the Sorbonne and spoke French fluently. When it was time to renovate the White House she studied histories of the prior interior decorating and then went about restoring much of it to its former grandeur.

I think we can also give her credit for raising two well-grounded children considering the foibles of some of their own cousins.

#55900 - 11/23/05 09:43 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I wonder if JFK, had he lived, would've been re-elected had his affairs been made public. I doubt it.

Hilary is no doubt a highly intelligent woman and I have heard that she has done her job well. I just would not vote for anyone who is so liberal. I believe in less government and she believes in more. I believe parents should raise their own children and she believes it takes a village. I believe in private health care and she believes in govt. run health care. I am pro-life and she is not.

Daisygirl

#55901 - 11/23/05 09:48 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

She was also responsible for planning President Kennedy's funeral.

She had it copied almost to exacting detail of President Lincoln's funeral.

Her own father "Black Jack" as he was nicknamed was a notorious philanderer and alcoholic. She felt she could understand Jack Kennedy's propensities for other women based on her own fathers indiscretions. She even viewed it as the natural thing men do. Whether this is true or not I don't think we can be sure of. These words are based on interviews with her closest friends.

#55902 - 11/23/05 10:01 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

Daisygirl, the public liked Jackie too much so I don't think he would've been re-elected. I wouldn't have voted for him either.

Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved