The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#55627 - 01/23/06 08:33 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Chatty, which thread are you referring to? Just curious.

#55628 - 01/23/06 08:47 PM Re: Call a tree a tree......
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Not going there, gone and best forgotten Number5....You were not involved in this particular thread....hows it going by the way? Are you feeling any better about your situation, I sincerely hope so.

#55629 - 01/24/06 12:46 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I guess it'd be the "Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties" thread? To call it "going against all that BWS stands for" is a bit overstated. This thread was a political discussion in which posters didn't see eye to eye. It was locked (but not eliminated -- you can see for yourself) either because some participants perceived each other as not being civil, or because it supplied too many links outside of BWS, or both.

I think that Vi was well intentioned. She was obsviously passionate. She spent a great deal of time and effort on her discussion. It isn't fair to insinuate that she was on here to irritate, insult, slander, or agitate. What might be more accurate is that she didn't feel that she fit in with the culture of BWS -- I've spoken before of the culture here. To say that one does or does not fit into this culture is not a value statement.

#55630 - 01/24/06 01:03 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by chatty lady:
Lets remember that this site was started by a kind, loving, Christian woman who wanted something special, a place women could come and feel safe and vent their worries, anger and hopefully the good things in their lives.

Thank you for reminding us of the important part of this site chatty.

smile

#55631 - 01/24/06 01:39 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
chatty lady Offline
Writer

DJ that question was presented to me by Number5 and I answered it the correct way. Thank you for your assistance but it wasn't asked for or needed...

[ January 23, 2006, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#55632 - 01/24/06 01:51 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
DJ Offline

I didn't realize that I needed to ask permission in order to participate in this discussion.

Maybe you didn't need to hear what I had to say, Chatty, but I felt I needed to say it.

#55633 - 01/24/06 01:56 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Not permission DJ just honoring Dotsies wishes for a calmer, nicer Forum by allowing the thread she CLOSED to remain CLOSED. Apparently you are intending something else????? Case closed as far as I am concerned, take your best shot...

#55634 - 01/24/06 02:06 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

Things are on hold right now. Nothing has really changed, but some of the tension has been relieved.
I am continually surprised by the, dare I say it, faithfulness and compassion of that 'great being' (?), who knows my situation and cares for me and mine.
It is also great to know that no matter what differences the ladies in this arena may have, one thing we all have in common is our love for our children and families.

#55635 - 01/24/06 02:41 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
NewLeaf Offline

I appreciate all of you and your many viewpoints. If everyone in the world agreed on everything, it would be a boring existance indeed.
I thank all of you for allowing me to voice my feelings, thoughts and beliefs without judgement.
I wouldn't hold it against anyone for being thrilled with their belief that kick boxing was the greatest sport and had done so much for them. Maybe so much so that they would want me and anyone else to try it for themselves.
I would know that they trully believe that kick boxing is wonderful and no other sport could rival it. They might even argue with me if I dared to pit it against football.
I would respect their right to speak freely of it and would acknowledge that it possibly could be the greatest sport and might even try it. I wouldn't think they were pushing it on me, but thinking enough of me to want me to try something that had been of great benefit to them.
What appears to be arrogance sometimes is strong belief in a remedy that has worked for someone who truly cares about others.
I once heard that we become angry with others because they don't do things the way we think they should. Isn't that so true?

#55636 - 01/24/06 03:16 AM Re: Call a tree a tree......
DJ Offline

Chatty said: "Not permission DJ just honoring Dotsies wishes for a calmer, nicer Forum by allowing the thread she CLOSED to remain CLOSED. Apparently you are intending something else????? Case closed as far as I am concerned, take your best shot..."

These comments are neither "calmer" nor "nicer." I am not accustomed to this sort of aggression and ask that you not talk to me in this tone.

What I intended in my previous post was to put a halt to what I perceive to be backbiting someone who is not present. There is nothing less nice than backbiting.

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved