The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#54103 - 01/17/07 03:53 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Okay, I'm coming out of the closet!....... I've never ever knowingly known a lesbian before.

Ha ha,, twicked you girls, right?

I'm glad you ladies have joined us here on the forum. As Popea once said, you aren't just sexual, you are mothers and partners and working women just like the rest of us; and all that with great insight and sense of humour. I can imagine there must be forums for lesbian women. So I was just wondering if the topics or the ladies there are much different than we are? Excuse me for my naïve question, if it is one.

Oh yes, I've always preferred a mixed bouquet of flowers over just one assortment.

#54104 - 01/17/07 04:22 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lke I said before and will say again, probably whenever necessary, WE ARE ALL JUST FOLKS! We share more sameness than differences. If I wanted to be a judge, I'd have studied law.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#54105 - 01/17/07 12:47 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
ah hannilore

the thing or key word is knowingly known. Many are in disguise mhhha hhha ha .I only had to have a child and many bright people ignore their eyes and intutive feelings and still think i got a fella somewere, becouse of the child lol.

i don't know any lesbian forums ....your afraid to type that word in the serch enjin you don't wanna see what you get back ..... no now don't try it........well i did warn you.....

Many of the lesbians i know are woman centred and political (i know both extreems of attitude amounst frends) so you get some intresting debates going of an evening.

anyone know of any good forums?????

#54106 - 01/17/07 02:33 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
No, Celtic. I don't know or have I ever heard of any other forum. Just as well because you and Popea and Whittle and the rest are staying right HERE with us. Don't go swanning off now. Gosh, do I sound selfish or what?

#54107 - 01/17/07 03:35 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey Lola I second that motion, Stay ladies, you fit right in here with your across the puddle sisters.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#54108 - 01/17/07 09:26 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Absolutely, we have more similarities than differences. That's one of my favorite sayings since launching this site. I have read over 700 stories submitted to this site. I have gained tremendous compassion in doing so. And honestly, I've connected with almost every women writer in some way or another. It's amazing what happens when we focus on our similarities rather than our differences. Ponder that thought for a bit.

#54109 - 01/18/07 04:45 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Lola , Chatty and Dots....we're going no where. Tis is a wee second home." We are here , we are queer and we are not going shopping!!!"

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#54110 - 01/18/07 11:35 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Poppie]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
One day, one fine day, no person will be categorized by race, color, gender, religion, political affiliation, sexual preferrence, or any other niche group. No, one day we will all merely think of ourselves, and our fellows, as 'human beings'.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#54111 - 01/19/07 01:19 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Poppie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
too funny, Popea!

Poet and essayist

#54112 - 01/25/07 02:11 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: meredithbead]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Well, here's my two cents worth. I've read all the posts here and agree with Starting Over and Josie mostly. As a Christian I can't condone sin in any form but I am commissioned to love the sinner.

God's love extends to all people no matter what their choices. Dahmer was loved by God and eventually turned his life over to him from what I understand.

There's a lot of sin in my own life. I can't judge anyone else for what they do...I can only try my best to tend to my own two foot space around my soul.

People are born with tendencies to become alcoholics and smokers. They are born with tendencies toward drug use and depression. Some people are born with autism and other "abnormanities". We take what we have been given and make the best of it.

Would you have chosen the parents you had or picked better ones? Would you have been the mother to the children you have been given, or would you have chosen "better" ones or "smarter or more successful" ones? I truly believe we travel through life faced with one challenge after another...one choice after the other. What we end up becoming at the end of our journey is like a diamond which has been pumelled and polished..buffed and scraped. We can be discarded at the end of life as a brown or yellow one...or cherished as beautiful gemstones...its up to us.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved