The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 263 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#54061 - 06/20/06 04:20 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I also do not condone gay marriages, but after giving it some serious consideration, I can't think of any good reasons why I feel that way. This issue is very complicated.

I treat people with respect and kindness no matter who they are if they treat me the same. I do not want to know what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom.

Daisygirl

#54062 - 06/20/06 06:12 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
chowhuahua Offline

Loc: Dallas
you probably dont want to know what most of your straight neighbors do in the privacy of their bedrooms either...
just a thought

#54063 - 06/20/06 07:02 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Amen to THAT!

#54064 - 06/20/06 08:15 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats the truth big time Chowhuahua....
Now food for thought, I would rather live in a neighborhood filled with gays and lesbians that want to keep their personal peferences to themselves, married or not. Than have a straight neighborhood with just one active pedofile searching for his prey....There are worse things than gays and lesbians and read the papers they are "rarely" sexual criminals...I agree to live and let live when it doesn't change my life in any way.

[ June 20, 2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#54065 - 06/20/06 08:46 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
For sure - TMI - Too Much Information - it can be a bad thing no matter what your preference is.

#54066 - 06/20/06 10:03 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Suzan Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm with you chatty lady.

#54068 - 06/23/06 02:31 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dear Boomers,
Watch out for the noisy, bible thumpers. I attended church the last 30 + years with people I thought were "real, true" christians. And now I'm disillusioned by the fact that she can't tell the truth and he can't face the truth. I believe: TRUTH is the core ingredient in Christianity. This couple can see everybody else's faults with 20/20 vision but they can't step back and examine their own family values. The folks pointing their fingers at gays, probably, are bigger sinners than the people their criticizing--no doubt! The person who said, "Me thinks thou doest protest too much!" had something there!!! [Wink]

#54069 - 06/24/06 03:22 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Has anyone seen Rosie O'Donnell's special about her gay cruise ship? If not, look for it. Everyone should be made to watch it.

Talk about protesting in the name of God. I was mortified by what the Christians in the Bahamas did when they got of the ship, and brought to tears when I heard the children of these gay couples talking aobut the love they had for the parents. It's one tough issue, but I don't think it's my place to lash out for the sake of the Gospel. Makes no sense to me.

#54070 - 07/16/06 04:45 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Eagle Heart]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hey There MSI, just stumbled on your post....three months later..eh!!! Myself and partner are due to take advantage of the new laws that have finaly reached N.Ireland, where we can now have a 'registry of partnership' at the City Hall. It's basically the same as a Registary office marriage but the powers that be are loath to call it so...just in case it causes too much of a hassle or outcry. It means we are given the same rights as hetro common law couples. Not Quite as we all would like it to be....but it's a start and a far cry from how it used to be. We have a little boy together and in our community (neighbours..ect) we have and are embraced and respected..and it is not tokenistic!!!( I think I just made that word up!!) It's sweet how we were supported and are supported....I expected to be harrassed! Elderly couples realy came up with the goods then....that really blew me out of the water.
P.S what doea MSI MEAN??
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#54071 - 07/16/06 09:54 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Popea, how old is your son, and did he go with you on your latest volunteer effort?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved