The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 239 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#54050 - 05/02/06 08:20 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Personally I just don't think its up to me or any human being to be a judge of someone else especially if they are hurting no one. God is the only judge and I wouldn't want to stand before him one day and explain why I was a bigot, or who I thought I was to judge others...

#54051 - 05/02/06 08:50 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Did any of you see the Rosie Cruise Special? She rented a cruise for gay families only to vacation together. It was a very touching show. If we could capture the love that was on that cruise ship and spread it around, the world would be a better place.

I couldn't stand watching the Christians protesting them as they got off the cruise ship in the Bahamas. I was embarrassed and angry at the way people were shouting and showing such hatred toward them.

I cried when the kids stood up and talked about thier gay parents. They were dear and so accepting and loving of others. They set the best example!

#54053 - 05/03/06 11:47 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
As a Christian, I cannot condone homosexuality (or heterosexual sex outside of marriage, for that matter) but I cannot even imagine saying hurtful things or protesting against them. We have to love every soul the way God loves them.
"Let he, who is without sin, cast the first stone."
Translation - If you'ved ever sinned, sit down and shut up!!

#54054 - 05/04/06 01:24 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Right on Bluebird, leave it to you to be straight, forward and always fair... [Wink]

#54055 - 05/04/06 02:03 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have homosexual friends and like bluebird, for religious reasons I cannot condone any sexual relationship outside marriage. However, I see sexual practices as a private matter unrelated to friendship and unless someone's sexual practices are a threat to me or my family, I don't really care or want to know.

I have no problem with social or even religious same sex marriage, but from a purely selfish perspective, I oppose legalization. The real issue that propels the same sex marriage movement is healthcare. Legalizing same sex unions will qualify same sex partners for healthcare insurance which extends only to legally married spouses.

The increasing incidence of aids and Hepatitis C in that population, could devastate an already taxed healthcare system and escalate insurance costs for everyone.

I'm not sure I want my children to be saddled with that expense.

smile

[ May 03, 2006, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#54056 - 05/04/06 05:41 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
A few things -- take what you like and leave the rest.

As a Christian, I not only condone committed gay relationships, I embrace them.

As for the health care issue, many large corporations, IBM included, offer health care for domestic partners (read gays and lesbians). They do it because their employees are diverse and their marketplace is diverse. It's not affecting their bottom line or adding undue hardship to their healthcare benefit.

Healthcare in this country is absolutely abismal for most people. Hepatitis C and AIDS are not limited to gays. Where is the study that says adding gays in committed relationships will tank the healthcare system? It appears that most people are more worried about us -- the boomers -- tanking the health care system. :-))

Peace

#54057 - 05/04/06 08:56 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Not to bring up anything controversial but 20, count them 20 hospitals in California have had to close their doors due to the glut on their services by ILLEGAL ALIENS... not Americas Gays and Lesbians but by other countrys citizens sneaking in here illigally and using services they are not entitled to as citizens of our country. Lets put the blame where it belongs.

#54058 - 05/04/06 09:25 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Casey Offline

Yes, Chatty, that's another complex problem! And it definitely has an impact on health and education.

#54059 - 06/20/06 03:16 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Suzan Offline

Loc: Alabama
This is such a controversial topic...Wow...I personally do not condone gay marriage or inter-racial marriage - and I am a Christian. It is not my place to judge others and I avoid doing it. I am not a racist either. I used to be petrified of gays - I was ignorant - I just didn't know better. So much of who we are is how we treat others. It angers me the way people protest in the name of God though, that is one of the primary reasons, in my opinion, that Christianity has taken such a downward turn and the churches are struggling because of it. If something isn't done soon, who knows.
Susan

[ June 20, 2006, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Suzan ]

#54060 - 06/20/06 04:09 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction.
Casey Offline

Welcome Suzan! Thanks for giving us your thoughts. I think often of the golden rule, treat others as you wish to be treated. It seems to fit with what you are saying here.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved