The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#4565 - 08/13/05 05:41 PM Re: How do I help?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I read Eagle Heart's book while I was on vacation. I feel so close to her now. It is lovely. She is lovely...and such a faithful disciple.

I mention this because your daughter is dealing with depression and that's what Eagle's book is about. It gave me a realistic view into the hell women experience when clinically depressed. I'm a more compassionate person since reading her book (I hope). It might help you to read it and get a glimpse of what your daughter is going through in her mind right now.

There is nothing in it about drinking because that wasn't an issue, but there is excellent information for one who is depressed, or living with a depressed person.

#4566 - 08/13/05 05:57 PM Re: How do I help?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm getting depressed dealing with all of this. When do I get to rest anyway? I'm tired of problems and yet, part of me blames myself because the molestation was going on and I didn't know anything about it. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

This is going to sound horrible but in so many ways, she reminds me of my mom. She used to be very close to my mother until mom continued to do her little tricks and my daughter just walked away. They haven't seen each other in over 10 years. But, when she does certain things I see my mom in her. Very critical and high maintenance.

Onto better things. My youngest son is getting married in September to a wonderful gal. They met in Ohio when she exercised our horses. She has a degree in Equine. I'm thrilled they fell in love. She's no bigger than a minute and so cute. We just love her. Her father passed away last year so her mom is walking her down the aisle. How beautiful. It will be a bittersweet moment for both of them.

My son is so cute. Normally he wouldn't talk to me about these things but he told me he wanted to start making a baby on their wedding night! He'll be a great daddy too. So, not everything is frustrating in my life.

#4567 - 08/17/05 09:46 AM Re: How do I help?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, I never read this forum until tonight. My heart goes out to you and your girls. Just about everything has been said here already but let me offer some confirmation.

A long while ago, on one of my many days of suffering from this 'survivor of molestation/incest' days, I posted here re: anti-ds. Smile offered several options since I was complaining about the side-effects of the prescriptions. Soon after that, many more BW jumped in and gave wonderful tips on getting the proper nourishments that helps with depression.

Not saying that I don't still suffer but at the time my suffering was from a trigger and very deep and even suicidal thoughts had recurred.

What I started doing was taking the advice...actually trying the proper nourishment tips since the other ways (drugs) were NOT working. When I'd feel myself drowning in the sorrows and agonizing, I go out to get the almonds and the flax and sun light and just a host of natural ways to curtail these effects.

Like Lynn says, 'there is no cure...' but there are ways to help ease the pain. I'm not sure which post these great health tips where in but I will attempt to find them here. I have tried almost each of the combinations of fruits and nuts and herbs.

It took a while to get used to using the combinations but I can say that I really feel better (most of the time). It's hard because sometimes the pain is so horrendous that we forget that there are other methods. However, I've become more conscious of these methods lately and rush out to renew my 'stock' when feeling sick/sad/hurt, ultimately depressed.

Maybe these nutrition tips can be incorporated into your daughter's diet and help her too. Give her a hug for me. I give her a prayer too.

Sheree

#4568 - 08/17/05 06:29 PM Re: How do I help?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My daughter is a freak when it comes to eating right. She's read up on everything.

This last week was absolutely terrible. I felt like running away from home. I mean, it was unbearable.

#4569 - 08/17/05 06:38 PM Re: How do I help?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, I'm so sorry. Once a mom, always a mom. Isn't it the truth? When our kids hurt, we hurt. No doubt about it.

Is she exercising? Are you exercising? It's a great stress reliever. Just another thought.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved