The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#4555 - 08/05/05 02:20 AM Re: How do I help?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dianne, You might need to get her liver checked. Alcohol and tylenol especially together can cause liver damage and the tylenol could have been absorbed into her bloodstream before she vomited due to the alcohol content of her stomach.

It might be worth the effort just to be sure. And also to give here a wake up call.
smile

#4556 - 08/05/05 02:52 AM Re: How do I help?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Dianne, what a world of hurt. You're on the right track in considering rehab. The overdose, intentional or not, puts her in a danger zone. I wish you and your daughter lots of love and light. Lynn

#4557 - 08/05/05 07:06 AM Re: How do I help?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All I can do is pray hard for her and for you, wish I could do more. God bless dear lady.

[ August 05, 2005, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#4558 - 08/05/05 05:46 PM Re: How do I help?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
She went to work yesterday and came home and sat downstairs with me. If she'd gone upstairs, I'd been right there with her checking. I'm going to be like a bloodhound. I'm going to get her beyond this with the help of God because I know He loves her dearly.

I'm sorry to have so many problems to talk about here. I'd like to post some good news! I'm working on it though and how much I appreciate your words and advice is beyond measure. Love you gals.

#4559 - 08/06/05 04:51 AM Re: How do I help?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You post whatever you need to at the time you are experiencing it so maybe we can be of some help or at least comfort you when you need us most. Sometimes its good things other times its not such good things. We are here to try to handle either and be here for whatever sister needs us.....You have made more of us laugh and feel good with your posts about Sammie so you're entitled...we care Dianne.

#4560 - 08/06/05 05:15 PM Re: How do I help?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Chatty. That means a lot to me. It gets tiring sometimes and I want to say, "I'm tired of being the mother!"

#4561 - 08/07/05 02:38 AM Re: How do I help?
Princess Lenora Offline

Hello Dianne, I can imagine that you are exhausted. Your plate is always full, as the saying goes. I think you have more roles to play with your daughter and that is one reason for you being tired. You are counselor and friend and cheerleader and watcher (upstairs? or downstairs?) and confidante and life line and life saver. What would you say to getting her into therapy for a while? You have an awful lot to deal with. Love and Light, Lynn

#4562 - 08/07/05 03:00 AM Re: How do I help?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm really irritated with her right now. She called me from work and said, "Let's go out when I get off work and have a drink." I said no, I didn't want to and she needed to really work on this. She said, "Well, I want to!" Her attitude sucks!

#4563 - 08/07/05 05:30 AM Re: How do I help?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

She came home right after work so I guess she thought it through. Geesh.

#4564 - 08/07/05 10:55 PM Re: How do I help?
Princess Lenora Offline

Dianne, in addition to all the roles you are taking on (listed above) now she wants her mother to be her drinking buddy? No wonder you are irritated. How is her counseling going? I am afraid YOU might have to do the work as in going to the AA meetings for the family members who deals with the drinking member of the family. You can't be her guard because she will turn it against you and accuse you of running a prison, as well as her life. Dianne, you two need an objective party, ie a therapist. I know you said you "sent" her to a counselor before, but it must have been ineffective or short term therapy. What about now? I hope and pray you find some peace in this explosive situation. Love and Light, Lynn

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved