The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#44417 - 11/28/05 06:52 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie, Brent is a wonderful young man..an only child..his Dad died when he was only 13 of leukemia..then his Mom died only a few years ago...also of leukemia...since both of his parents were only children...he has no aunts or uncles..no cousins..and his grandparents have all passed too...it broke my heart at his Mom's funeral...there he stood alone...but one by one his college buddies surrounded him and became his brothers that day...they are an amazing bunch of guys...Brent spends Holidays with us now...and has taken to calling me "Mom"...I love him like he is one of my own..as for sending all 3 of your kids off next year...can't you convince any of them to stay in the area? So many great schools near Baltimore...my youngest is a junior at St. Joseph's university in Philly...only about a 35 minute drive from home...she is away...but not "away away" if you know what I mean..

#44418 - 11/28/05 07:02 PM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nancy, thanks for telling us a little more about Brent. How tragic. I can't imagine. Don't you wonder why those things have to happen? It's bad enough when women at our age lose both parents. I'm sure he appreciates your friendship.

#44420 - 11/29/05 04:33 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nancy what a wonderful ending to such tragedy. Brent lost and then found a Mom and Dad. I hope I say this correctly and you understand my meaning but its like when you take in an injured, lost little animal, the love and devotion you get from them is astronimical, he will bring you much joy I'm sure.

#44421 - 11/29/05 06:29 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
AvalonBlondi Offline

Chatty...I totally understand what you mean...each time I see this young man my heart lurches and I get a huge lump in my throat..I can't imagine waking up every morning and not having a family...he wrote me the most loving and appreciative thank you note after Thanksgiving..of course I cried for about 2 hours and then took another 3 to compose myself enough to call him and talk to him ...he told me that he can't believe how much I remind him of his Mom...that we have the same sense of humor and that I worry about him too much the same way she did...anyway...I'm hoping one day soon he will meet the girl of his dreams and maybe start a family of his own...the sad thing is...he confessed to me that he so afraid to really fall in love because..."Everyone I love leaves me"...I almost wrote to Dr. Phil to try and deal with that one..by the way Chatty...how is the weather in Las Vegas? wish I was there...the winters in Philly are LOUSY!!!.... [Smile]

#44422 - 11/30/05 06:40 PM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Avalon, I am so grateful you are there for him. Keep up the good work. It is always in giving that we receive.

Speaker, what happened to her after that year? How old is she now and how is she managing?

#44423 - 12/01/05 12:33 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
AvalonBlondi Offline

Dots...you are so right about the "Giving"...thanks for all that you give here...I can feel the love the moment I sign on...

#44424 - 12/01/05 12:36 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Eventually...

Thanksgiving morning around 4 a.m. the phone rang and the sheriff from two counties away had my girlfriend stashed in a hotel room. She was dazed, disoriented, didn't know who she was, where she was, what she was doing there nor where she was going. She had driven her truck into a ditch on private railroad property and was found wandering down the railroad tracks, clutching a pillow case. Her purse was found two miles away beside the same track.

I went to get her and bring her home, another friend took her to his house for a while and she's doing some better. We're not sure what's going on or what did go on as she still can't remember.

When Dave, his mother and I did have supper it was late but the seafood was still wonderful. Bacon wrapped scallops, salmon topped with capers, red onion and sour cream on flat bread and I can't remember what else. The salmon is the last of what we caught when we were in Oregon this past summer. It was lovely!

We're gearing up for winter but right now the sun is shining and I need to go do some farm chores. We're to have cold, wet weather tonight and I'd much rather do chores in the warm sunlight.

Glad to hear Thanksgiving was good for most of ya'll.

#44425 - 12/01/05 12:44 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow thistle that is some kind of mystery!
I'm glad she is safe now and that you did get to have a great dinner afterall.
Glad to see you back at the forum!

Dotsie, just saw your post. I do miss NY sometimes but love it here too!

#44426 - 12/01/05 01:09 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
worry is a misuse of imagination

TVC15 - that is a GREAT quote!

Good to be back...I've missed ya'll but have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. Fortunately, God doesn't need me to know what ya'll's needs are. He just needs me to remember you in prayer.

#44427 - 12/01/05 01:11 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Thistle,
I do the same for you and all my boomer sisters!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved