The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#33183 - 11/18/05 03:33 AM Re: New revelations on medication
Late Bloomer Offline

Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Thanks, everyone, for putting up with my literary crying jag. I'm better now; ForeWord Magazine just let me know that they're publishing a review of SO THIS IS LOVE and I'm taking out an ad and building a new website. This will be the second review of this e-book, so I guess that means somebody likes it -- somebody in a position to publicize it. I am pretty excited.

I formed my own publishing company to do these projects because I couldn't take any more rejection slips. I once wrote a novel, sent it around to publishers, and finally fed it to the shredder because the entire experience was so disheartening. At least I am in control now.

Karen, I am intrigued by your relationship to therapy. And what an awful thing for your supervisor to say to you! Back in the 70's I was a psych major and was studying to be a therapist, to the point of doing an internship in a children's behavioral unit during my senior year.

I decided not to pursue graduate school or a psych career because I could not detach myself from the problems of those kids; they kept me awake at night and stressed me out, aggravating what I would later find out was a chronic state of depression. Little did I know that my own son would require lifelong intervention ... I am grateful for my training, though. Your book looks interesting.

Going on vacation now, be back after Thanksgiving!

#33184 - 11/19/05 06:18 AM Re: New revelations on medication
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Lynnie, Thanks for the offer. I'll be getting back to you.

Valerie, I've found that I can detach from the problems most of the time. Occasionally something really gets to you...for me it's when parents lose their children. And, of course, when you lose patients to suicide, which is inevitable, you go through a lot of second guessing of yourself and your abilities.

BTW, I decided to go the POD route with my novel because after 50 rejects from agents, I needed to see some progress. I figured I'd be dead before I'd get it published in the traditional way!!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved