The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#33143 - 11/14/04 10:55 AM Re: New revelations on medication
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Not that I don't believe in God or anything like that but I find it hard sometimes when he is brought into absolutely everything, and every bit of advice or every conversation about something.
Claire

#33144 - 11/14/04 12:53 PM Re: New revelations on medication
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
When you believe, He IS in absolutely everything.
smile

[ November 14, 2004, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#33145 - 11/14/04 01:27 PM Re: New revelations on medication
kira_d Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Claire - I can sure relate to what you are saying. I know I'm new to this circle of friends but I admit upon reading some of the posts there is a lot of referral to God.I'm glad so many of you have your faith. Claire, I've been in your shoes. It's hard when you are trying to find you way and somehow nothing feels right. My husband and I tried for 15 years and still have no children together. I do however have a grown daughter and a son who has passed away (both children from a previous marriage). I guess I can see both sides of the fence. I hope you can find some comfort when I say I'be skipped my fair of family get togethers to avoid the "looks". I've endured the little digs about when am I going to make my husband a father. I've eventually found a bit of peace in the knowledge that I've tried everything I can. It's just not happening and at this point in my life it probably won't and that's ok. It took a long time to get to that place but finally I found it. It's what's right for me, it may not be what's right for you but you will find your own way. You are not ordinary, you are you. From what I've read in your posts you are a very funny, articulate and intelligent woman. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to meet you in this forum. Hang in there girl, sometimes the people we're closest to just don't understand what's going on inside us but just know there is always someone else who does.
Kira

#33146 - 11/14/04 01:45 PM Re: New revelations on medication
Claire Offline

Kira, thank you. You sound like a kindred spirit.....
All the best
Clairey xx

#33147 - 11/14/04 01:48 PM Re: New revelations on medication
Claire Offline

Smile, that may well be.... I am just saying that I am more comfortable talking from my heart without bringing him in to every conversation. I am not being derogatory and I hope I am not percieved as an empty person because of this .... Just some thoughts of mine....

All the best

Clairey xx

#33148 - 11/14/04 02:25 PM Re: New revelations on medication
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Claire,
My post was not directed specifically to you. It was merely a philisophical discussion of dreams.

I hope you will continue to speak your heart and allow others the same.

smile

#33149 - 11/14/04 02:48 PM Re: New revelations on medication
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love all of you and want to share that my husband and I went through 4 years of infertility. We adopted 2 children, and while waiting for the second to arrive from Korea...I got pregnant. I UNDERSTAND the ups and downs of not getting pregnant. My sister had three children very quickly(at least that's how I remember it) while I was trying for one! I did all the baby showers, hospital visits of family and friends while wondering what was wrong with me. [Frown]

Once after husband insemination (done at the doctor's office...lovely!) I was 10 days late and just knew I was pregnant. NOT! That's when we started looking into adoption. Nine months later (I kid you not) our first little guy from Korea arrived at the airport amidst tears, laughter, and loved ones.

I truly believe this was God's plan for my family. I don't want to have to apologize for mentioning Him, but it's what I know in my heart.

However, I must share that at the beginning of infertility I was not in the same place spiritually as I currently am. It's been a journey. [Big Grin] It's quite true that the "God thing" was not happening for me in the early infertility years. I was somewhere else in my faith. I know He used my infertility, the suicidal death of a dear friend, and a health issue to draw me closer. I'm forever grateful.

Though everyone in here may not have the same faith (which makes me happy) I believe with all my heart that we need to express the faith that we do have to plant seeds and educate one another on the differing religions of the world. Who are we without one another? An island?

#33150 - 11/14/04 04:18 PM Re: New revelations on medication
Claire Offline

Smile, I am sure your post was not directed specifically to me and I am just sharing a few thoughts of mine anyway....
Of course I will continue to speak from my heart and allow others to do the same....
All the best
Clairey

#33151 - 11/14/04 04:28 PM Re: New revelations on medication
Claire Offline

I don't want to have to apologize for mentioning Him, but it's what I know in my heart
Dotsie, you don't have to apologise for mentioning him at all... I am not saying that if one has a strong faith, one shouldn't mention him...I am just saying that for me personally, I am not/would not be comfortable bringing him into almost every conversation. I used to mention my mother in nearly every conversation with people, especially if trying to help them with a problem or something, until it was pointed out to me. Anyway, each to their own..... It's not that I don't believe there is a God or anything... I was telling my brother about what I said here and he said that people who have a strong faith might feel they have a duty to spread that faith and that's probably why they mention God so much. Another friend of mine who is muslim said the same.....
Claire

#33152 - 11/14/04 04:40 PM Re: New revelations on medication
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My sweet friend Claire...

with me it's not duty, but pure joy...

Sending love, JJ

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved