The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#32989 - 09/03/04 12:04 AM Re: Panic Attacks
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
The latest update on job situation. I wrote a letter to the boss, enclosed a copy of the Dr's note, and the copy of my Dr visit to him yesterday as well as a letter.

I advised them that I had been asked to give up my vacation as I was on stress leave and someone else could have the week. So, I did.

The Dr's note was very graphic about what I was going through with side affects on the high dose I was on, plus that I was getting treated and taught stress management skills. I also signed a consent form for my therapist to discuss my case with him and told him to call her! She said if my Physician thought it was ok to go to Vegas, and my therapist thought so too then there should be no question about what I was doing to make myself better.

Result: I received a call while I was at therapy with the request to call the boss back.
He told me to come in at 8:15 in the morning for a meeting and be prepared to go back to work. I can't believe that I stood up for myself and I won!!

I told him in the letter that I was doing everything the therapist was telling me, learning coping techniques, breathing exercises, Church, prayer and writing.

So tomorrow I go back to work.

Thanks for all that have helped get me through this crisis. I love and appreciate you all very much.

Love,

Sherri

#32990 - 09/03/04 10:56 AM Re: Panic Attacks
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Sherri,

I am so happy for you! The Lord truly saw you through this and you won! What a wonderful victory and achievement!

Gives me hope and peace just knowing how this turned out for you!

God Bless....

#32991 - 09/03/04 12:49 PM Re: Panic Attacks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amazing! It pays to be honest. How about that? Thanks everyone for helping Sherri! [Big Grin]
Praise God for the shared concerns and commetns of boomer women! [Wink]

#32992 - 09/03/04 10:57 PM Re: Panic Attacks
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Yay, Sherri!!! So happy for you!!

#32993 - 09/04/04 12:08 PM Re: Panic Attacks
SusanGaille Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Sherri, I want to add my good wishes here. I also want to share something that came to mind when I was reading this thread.

It seems to me that many people in our society have very strict ideas on what constitutes healing. Usually these ideas are about others' healing. For example, the bosses at your workplace figured you could not be sick if you were in another city, another activity. If you are sick, they want to see you suffer!

My own situation took this one step further. After my second breakdown at work, I was slowly healing, putting the fragments back together. I had lots of sick leave, millions of medical reports, knew I was sick. But I felt so guilty that I tended to stay inside my home four walls, afraid for people to see me with arms and legs intact; no blood; no bandages. Why guilt? Go figure, but mostly, I believed my work place was so toxic, I fely guilty to be away from it while my friends still had to be there. I felt guilty because I had no visible wounds. I felt guilty because healing made me feel better.

So this is what I want to say to you, Sherri, boomer sister across the sea: if that guilt happens, take it by the scruff of its neck and shake it! Give yourself time and space to get better. It is OK to feel better; it is ok to feel good. Society has done a number on us but we don't have to accept it.

Hugs,
Susan

#32994 - 09/04/04 01:35 PM Re: Panic Attacks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Susan, One of the things I've learned while writing this book si that no matter where we live, we share the same issues. I've received stories from five continents and could relate to the women in all their stories in some way.

We are more alike than different.

Thanks for sharing.

#32995 - 09/04/04 06:10 PM Re: Panic Attacks
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Susan,

You don't know how much your post means to me! You said everything that I have been feeling! Thank you so much for letting me know that someone else had gone through those feelings.

I am even afraid to act normal and happy at work for fear that they will think I was trying to pull some kind of scam or something! I am feeling better, cut back on the anxiety meds and seem to be handling things fine.

Again, thanks so much, you can't know how much your understanding and support is appreciated.

Sherri

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved