The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21091 - 03/14/06 02:01 AM Re: Night Sweats
Pam R. Offline

Hi Flossie, I have been going through hot flashes for 4 years. I can't take hormones since I have a heart condition but I do take a drug called Clonidine 0.2 mg. It is really a blood pressure drug. It helps a bit at night, but not in the day. I run a quiet fan at night on my side of the bed. Sometimes I actually get cold and turn it off. I have a desk fan at work and turn it on frequently until the flash passes. I have many, many hot flashes in the daytime. Ugh!! I think it is just something I have to put up with and wait for it to end! Good Luck.

#21092 - 03/14/06 10:52 PM Re: Night Sweats
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Flossie...I am so happy to hear that you are feeling happier...I'm looking forward to the day when you can say you are symptom free and sleeping through the night.... [Smile]

#21093 - 03/20/06 01:17 PM Re: Night Sweats
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone looked into the bed fan that is advertised on the home page?

The owner wanted me to demo one but I don't get enough night sweats to warrant it.

#21094 - 03/20/06 07:27 PM Re: Night Sweats
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I looked into it Dotsie, but no use me purchasing one, we have different power outlets/plugs here. I could do with a bedside fan like that though!!

#21095 - 03/21/06 12:23 AM Re: Night Sweats
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi flossie,
Have you tried sleeping in that special wicking sleepwear? There are several varieties online and in some stores, just be careful you get the kind with the wicking properties that don't come out in the wash.

I sell it on my site, but there are other places and other styles available elsewhere if you search online.

(Dotsie - I'm trying to help and don't mean this as blatant advertising - please feel free to remove my post if you need to. I just felt bad for Flossie and no one had suggested the sleepwear solution)

thanks!
Kathy

#21096 - 03/21/06 09:33 PM Re: Night Sweats
flossie Offline

Thanks Rick and June, I did check the sleepwear out on your site. Pity they don't sell or make the wicking sleepwear in NZ, our $ is worth less of yours so costs us an extra 40 cents or more, per US dollar.

So many of you Boomer ladies have your own web sites. I wouldn't even know how to start one!!

#21097 - 03/21/06 09:36 PM Re: Night Sweats
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, Flossie, I'm sorry you don't have access to that sleepwear. I keep forgetting that we aren't all in the US!

#21098 - 03/21/06 09:59 PM Re: Night Sweats
flossie Offline

Cheers Rick and June....nice to see someone on here the same time as me, it's 10am here on the morning of 22nd March.

#21099 - 04/19/06 10:34 PM Re: Night Sweats
TizLizzy Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hi Flossie, I'm new to this forum and can say that I am so very happy to have found this type of comforting environment. Even though lots of us seem to be physically miserable, at least lonliness doesn't have to be one of the symptoms. I too have my hardest time with the hot flashes and the night sweats. Mine is a little relieved by black cohash, and I am taking Evening Primrose, and progesterine cream, and I drink soy milk every day. I'm told I need to be patient because it takes some time to enter the system properly. I am also on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta. I'm going to get Maca also. I am willing to take every and all things to help me from going out of my mind. I don't remember the last time I have slept all night, or went a day without drenching 5-6 sets of clothes. I'm so sick of it. I want it to be over already!

#21100 - 04/20/06 12:19 AM Re: Night Sweats
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome, welcome TizLizzy, so sorry you have to be one of the ladies suffering some effects from menopause....bummer!!! I am originally from Chicago and love the city, left because my son needed a very hot dry climate due to lung problems and Vegas weather has done the trick. I still miss so much about Chicago.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved