The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 58 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19548 - 12/15/05 07:25 PM Re: Eye lid lifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The numbness is typical of all surgeries, not just eyelids. I've had many surgeries and am numb around all the incisions.

I've pretty much (never say never) decided I am not going the surgical route for aging. I'm sticking to my Arbonne products from Danita to help me through all this.

I know a man who almost died having a face lift due to an allergic reaction. The doctor couldn't perform the surgery so he found another doctor to do it at a later date. He is probably the most vain man I know.

#19549 - 12/15/05 07:30 PM Re: Eye lid lifts
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
You are right about the numbness, Dotsie. I have several scars myself.

Well, maybe I can just use toothpicks to lift my lids!!!

#19550 - 12/16/05 08:00 AM Re: Eye lid lifts
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
The Opthalmic Sergeon who operated on me to remove the tumor behind my eye also does eye lifts and botox. He's one of the most reputable doctors at Mass Eye and Ear in Boston, so I would guess that both are surgically sound procedures. I know I'll never find out. I have a droopy eyelid from the surgery 4 years ago, but he won't fix it because I could lose what little vision I have left in that eye.

Sometimes I feel self-conscious about the way I look. More times I'm greatful to be alive and able to see out of that eye at all.

If you want to look into this surgery to please yourself, go for it. If it's just to please your husband, I would think about it long and hard.

#19551 - 12/19/05 07:46 PM Re: Eye lid lifts
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Update: my friend gave DH the lowdown on this. He says he agrees if I want to get this done.

It's not a "cosmetic" thing, it's more because I feel my eyes have drooped and find myself lifting my eye lids to see. I always had one lazy eye, but now with age, it's a pain!

We'll see.

[ December 19, 2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Di ]

#19552 - 12/20/05 08:40 AM Re: Eye lid lifts
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I have lazy eye, too. Perhaps fortunately, it's the one that I lost partial sight in after surgery. I can't really lift that eyelid to see better. It hurts too much. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. If I could, I know I would. I say, go for it!

#19553 - 12/20/05 03:09 AM Re: Eye lid lifts
ladybug Offline

Go for it Di! I have a feeling you're going to be very pleased when you look in the mirror. I know others who have had it done and were very pleased with their appearance.

The end result is that it will make you feel better and that's what counts.

[ December 19, 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#19554 - 12/21/05 08:54 AM Re: Eye lid lifts
Deb Offline

Loc: Southwest Virginia
I had a face, eye (upper and lower) and neck lift 2 years ago, and am so very glad I did. I really admire those women who can accept themselves as they are as they age, but I am not one of them. I wanted the surgeries and my husband gave them to me for my 49th birthday. The recovery was not bad at all. I was out and about in 10 days (with makeup covering the bruises) The face lift does not fix everything, mostly the sagging muscles. I get botox and restylane injections. I have a friend who is a Family Nurse Practicioner and is getting into the cosmetic injections. You can visit her wesite at www.about-faceaesthetics.com if you would like.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved