The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#19476 - 02/18/06 12:49 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Congrats to all of you above : )
Every lost pound counts!

#19477 - 02/18/06 06:08 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats to all you losers!

I want to be a loser too. I'm walking tons, but still putting too much food in my mouth.

Dianne, do they have an exercise club in your building? It might be a great way to meet some people.

#19478 - 02/18/06 06:14 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I said I would NEVER diet again...and around the 1st of the year...I went and checked out a different weight loss system. I just wasn't able to take off and keep off the weight all by myself.

It is the "Metobolic Research Center" diet. I haven't talked about it, because I wanted to see how it went.

Well, as of last weds., I've lost 22lbs and 36 inches. (ALOT of it in my stomach)..Talk about excited!

With the system you eat reg. food, take herbs and suppliments - and eat high protein low carbs. Sounds like the average diet, but they also have the "high nutrient drinks" that you have 5 times a day that not only curb your hunger, but give your body more protein.

I like that they also monitor your body fat v.s. muscle weight to make sure you aren't losing muscle. They also moniter you for a year to make sure you keep the weight off. Love that

This diet has been a Godsend for me. I have about 38 lbs more to lose, and should have it off by May. WOoo hooo.

My girlfriend (who lurks on this site) is worried about how low-carb it is. She and her DH have read that if you don't get enough carbs, your brain turns to mush. LOL. I HAVE had some depression in the last 3 wks, but it could be due to ALOT of things, the diet included. (not eating sugar since Jan 1 ---who wouldn't be depressed ---am I right J J?

Anywho, just wanted to put this info out there. This diet is not for everyone. It is definitly not for the weak of heart. It takes commitment and focus...but girls, my fat no longer serves me. In fact, during this period of my life, it is a huge hinderance!

hugs,
danita

#19479 - 02/18/06 07:14 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Danita,
I am in your court. I think what you have done is once again show the world what women are made of. And I'm not talking about fat either. I'm talking about fortitude, perservence, determination, and Will. You are amazing. Simply amazing.

There are some who would who would argue that 5 lbs isn't so much, much less what we have lost. I say go to the grocery store and pick up a 5 lb page of potatoes and carry that around all day tied to your waist...Hell-O? I have, in essence, been carrying around a truck load of potatoes...

I'm sure that everybody joins me in saying that we would be thrilled for you to report your progress, but only if you want to. I'm not trying to put pressure on you, that's for sure.

You've made a conscious decision for yourself to be healthier and I applaud you for this. I'm sure others out there might be thinking now, "Well ... Maybe I can do it, too?" See? You just never know when what you've accomplished will spur on someone else. Like I said, no pressure! hahahah....

So proud for you Danita....so proud!

36" ??? That an entire bust!

JJ

#19480 - 02/20/06 07:26 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

I hope not an entire bust J.J. LOL. Some fat (in the right places) is a good thing! LOL.

Have I posted this saying:

NOTHING tastes as good as THIN FEELS!

Wooo hooooo! Lose on girls!

Danita

#19481 - 02/20/06 10:49 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, congrats. Glad to hear it's working for you. I can't imagine life without some kind of sugar.

You and Jawjaw are on a roll, and it's not a fat roll wither!

#19482 - 02/21/06 12:07 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Thanks Dots!

You are sooo witty!

It is FREEING to not be addicted food.

Food is just my fuel...I LOVE that! Sometimes I yearn for the "good old days"..but then I see what I looked like and I say...

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"!

yup!

D.

#19483 - 02/21/06 01:10 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Danita, been steering clear of this forum, lest I be convinced to change my habits and confront my love of comfort food!!!!

But now I am forced to peek in here - congratulations!!! I am awed by your ability to accomplish so much for yourself - I'm tagging behind, just waiting to get the bug! Holding on to your shirt tail.........

#19484 - 02/21/06 02:17 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Searcher,

you are such a doll....

I thought I felt something dragging behind me. LOL. I thought it was my big behind!

You just keep hanging onto my shirt tail...you can go where ever I go! And if you need me to send you bugs instead of chocolite, I can do that!

hugs,
me

#19485 - 02/21/06 02:27 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Bugs? Chocolite? Is that like Bakelite???? Oh Danitaaaaaa!!!! You are my inspiration, even tho you are years my junior!!! Course I figure, I was on hold for about 20 years or so, I'm just beginning! Here's the formula : you can't count til you're 21 since you were a child until then. So I began at 21. Then I had some major setbacks due to divorce and then Nichole's illness, these took about 28 years, perhaps 34. So 58 minus 34 is 24. That's how old I am today!!!! Oh, yeah, and if I subtract the 21, I'm 3. 'bout right.

Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved