The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#19366 - 12/26/05 11:32 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Dotsie- I think I rolled off the other side- couldn't get going- so don't count on me to do any tossing- maybe tossing some cookies but that's it [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

#19367 - 12/27/05 06:28 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well ladies, Here is my belief for 2006...

This is the year that I stop being a victim of my weightn and past eating disorders. This is the year that I take charge of what I put in my mouth (LOL) and get my body moving.

Have ya'll heard the saying, "if you think you can or you think you can't, you are right!"

I have thought for years that I can't lose and keep off weight - so I haven't. I've thought for years that I love and crave things that aren't good for me - so I have!

I am done with that. It is time for victory in this area of my life.

I look in the mirror - and honestly, the outside does NOT match what I feel like on the inside. There is a skinny, sexy, wild woman on the inside, dieing to get OUT!

My goal is to sweat in 2006! once a day for five days in a row!

Has anyone seen the rebounders they are selling on the infomercials? They look like fun. I have been thinking about finding one, becuz I read that rebounding is excellent for all of ones' organs, and the WHOLE body benefits from it.

Any input out there?

hugs to the fluffy sisters, who are REALLY svelt women in disguise!

Danita

#19368 - 12/28/05 08:59 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, I am motivated too. Took a three mile walk this morning but I need to do more than that.

I haven't seen the rebounders. I'll have to look for them. Wait, I can probably find them online...

#19369 - 12/27/05 09:54 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Dots,

Do you listen to music as you walk?

Danita

#19370 - 12/28/05 04:06 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hate to be a bad news deliverer but my friend Kay that died a year after by-pass surgery. She was only 56 and she literally killed herself with food. How? Well, she use to be a very thin lady and just began eating and then developed diabetes and still ate and had a stroke and couldn't do anything, so she continued eating and got to be 300 pounds, she was 5ft.2. She felt she had NO willpower so had a by-pass which apparently went bad. She did lmanage to lose 100 pounds but was never right after the surgery and suffered terribly unable to keep any food down. She suffered a septic, painful death. Her husband said she went from 5mg. of some strong pain killer to 80mg. No one could help her and she literally begged to die at the end....So you can see what I meant above. I too need to lose alot of weight and if God gives me the time I need, I will. I lost 5 pounds this last week even with Christmas. I looked at the goodies and said "nope would rather be alive a long time and healthy." Learned a hard lesson losing a friend and also that we don't always have tomorrow if we are careless today...

[ December 27, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#19371 - 12/28/05 07:29 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Danita...Go for it girl...you sound as if you really have your head on straight regarding your New Year's resolution to get active...You are a beautiful person (thanks so much for organizing the Christmas card and gift exchange)..I can feel it in my bones that this is the year where you are going to make all of your personal dreams come true...I'm pulling for you girlfriend!!
My friend Kathy got a Rebounder last month...I'll be seeing her New Year's eve and I'll report back to you her impressions of it after that.... [Smile]

#19372 - 12/28/05 02:55 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Danita Offline

Chatty - so sad about your friend. It is amazing that something so "harmless" as food can be so deadly. What a lesson. And good for you losing weight over the holidays! THAT is an accomplishment.

Thanks so much Avalon - it was my pleasure. And thanks for those affirmations - I'm believing it too.

So often in life we get what we focus on - and I'm focusing on success in several areas! Woooo hoooo.

Please do let me know about the rebounder - I'm hesitant to put another "laundry drying maching" in my house (hangs clothes on unused exercies equipment)...but no, actually, becuz I have read about the benefits of rebounding for the entire body, I am interested.

YOU Avalon, have been a blessing to ME, and to many others. Thanks for sharing yourself with us this year!

hugs,
danita

#19373 - 12/28/05 05:05 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I recommend doing a Google for Rebounder Exercise Equipment. There seem to be several models with differing prices. I intended to place a link here but there are too many.

#19374 - 12/28/05 09:10 PM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
ladybug Offline

It often takes a tragedy for folks to realize food can be a killer.

Eat to live, don't live to eat.

The simplest way to better health is to lose weight. Check the charts to see what your weight should be for your height and try to aim for that number. Daily walks are good and important as part of a healthy weight loss plan.

Just knowing you need to lose weight is a step in the right direction.

#19375 - 12/29/05 01:38 AM Re: Diets - The Final Frontier
Marg1959 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
JawJaw, I like "ladybug's" advice. Do what works for you. Too many times I think we get caught up in "well, it worked for her, why isn't it working for me?" Our bodies are all different.

A typical day's meal for me is this. For breakfast, I have oatmeal with non-fat milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and no sugar. I buy the instant ones (for work) BUT only the "plain" ones. No flavorings or added sugars. Around 10:30, I have a mid-morning snack of non-fat "Yoplait" yogurt and a banana (this is everyday). For lunch, I make a veggie sandwich which consists of a small amount of avocado smashed up on one side, with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, sometimes a slice of yellow bell pepper, on toasted bread. Sometimes I'll put non-fat cream cheese instead of the avocado. I eat that with a cup of hot water and lemon. At 2:30, I'm starting to get the munchies so I'll have a chopped up apple in cottage cheese, or a pear, or whatever fruit is in season. Sometimes I'll bring a handful of "plain" almonds. That seems to hold me over. Dinner is usually whatever I want, BUT it isn't pizza and burgers or large amounts of pasta. It's maybe chicken, some rice, salad, or whatever my wonderful boyfriend has cooked up. Again, I have that with hot water and lemon. I only drink water. No sodas or juices. I do have the occasional glass of wine or gin martini (can't give up on enjoying the good things in life!) but that is not every night. My "menu" changes on the weekends, but I still try and watch it and cut back where I can.

There are some awesome pieces of advice here from everyone and we are all behind you. It definitely is a lifestyle change and not a diet and you just become "aware" of what you're putting in your mouth. Again, good luck, I know you can do it.

Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved