The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#19181 - 12/22/05 11:03 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Keep it up Chick.......there's no looking back now.....it's all ahead full blast!
Everyone is so proud of you......me included.
Lynne
P.S. Now will you help me get off these last ten pounds I want to lose?

#19182 - 12/22/05 01:33 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
As James Brown says...I feel good!
Thank you all.
LS, go to the topic about JJ changing her eating patterns. Meet you there.
chick

#19183 - 12/23/05 02:05 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Keep feelin' good Chickadee! I'm so happy to hear that you really have strong convictions to kick this habit!

#19184 - 12/24/05 05:57 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

I just wanted to wish my "smokers forum" a very Merry Christmas.

Thank you for giving me the honor of knowing all of you! You are special to me!

Keep those "no smoking" resolutions strong.

#19185 - 12/31/05 02:46 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Wow, I haven't posted in here for a while but I felt like I didn't need to anymore.

You know why?

I know all of you who have quit smoking don't need to have any reminders anymore. It has just become your natural way of life now.

So how goes it Chickadee? Have you noticed you feel better too?

Have a very happy, healthy new year!

#19186 - 01/01/06 10:32 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Bug.... i can't post here, because i am not even mentioning certain words at this point.. but suffice to say, i think i will take up serious drinking this year to replace certain things i have enjoyed doing in the past, and may just enjoy doing sometime in the future... when i get time.......

#19187 - 01/02/06 05:16 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hey, Norma .
Guess what I think I will join you. Need a friend. Let me know .

#19188 - 01/02/06 06:03 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Nancy.... do you mean you'll join me in the serious drinking part, or in that other business, which i cant mention by name at this point in time? i mean, i could mention it, but at the moment i am not mentioning it....

#19189 - 01/02/06 11:14 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Bug... just as i was putting together that post, a friend who lives out of town came in to visit. He is up in his eighties now, a widower, and from south america. His son brings him over, and then leaves so we can visit. He and i drink pots of coffee, chain smoke, and talk and talk, he tells me about his wife, his homeland, his former profession, and so many interesting things ... anyway, my point is, he came with a new package of cigerettes to 'share' with our 'coffee'.. i explained that i was going into my second day off cigerettes, and didn't want any, but i ended up smoking them with him.. actually i didn't want any, but he was extending them as a 'gift' a special gift,

so my secret resolution is blown, oh well,.... and it was going to be a surprise !! darn it. I was going to be clean for a week and surprise you and Chickadee.well, pretend you didn't read this okay.. because i might try again.... i dont know....

Nancy, of course you are welcome to join us ..
Chickadee has a new life now because Bug started this topic, and kept encouraging us, (did you know Bug that....''to save one life is to save the world' ... anyway Nancy, there are no dues or membership fees here --but--i could look after dues, if you people want to send money......
and Chick, i bet you've got a lot more money now in your pocket since you've quit this abominable
habit. .....

#19190 - 01/03/06 08:16 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Hello my dear Norma. It's okay, a special friend came and resolutions went by the wayside. But remember back when we all said you needed to be ready, really ready? Well, that just hasn't happened yet for you. When it does, and it will, then you can tell us about it. Holidays are a hard time of year for many people to drop habits that have been like old friends to us.

You know, that's quite a compliment Norma, to say that I have saved a life. Let's just say I helped encourage one to save their own life.

Whether we do it with food, alcohol or cigarettes, it's important to adopt a healthy life style and it is never too late.

I really do care about each and everyone who is resolving to take better care of themselves. You really can do it and many of you have seen that you can!

Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved