The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#193285 - 11/05/09 12:16 AM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lynn none of my buisness for sure but some people here I am well acquainted with did something unusual rather than lose their home. They rented out two rooms in the home for $500.00 per month plus once a day kitchen priviledges. (no lease just month to month) So even though he is unemployed they get $1000. clear a month, are paying their mortgage with some left over and it is working out well. I know it means other people in your home but most people are in the situation of looking for a quiet, affordable, safe place to live. It may be a way out.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193321 - 11/05/09 02:06 PM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, I'm so sad to hear he lost his job. I highly recommend that you call the bank and see what they recommend. They are doing things they've never done before due to the economy. Take advantage of any programs you can to help you during this time.

I'll be praying for both of you, and your family. Stay strong and focused on what needs to be done one day at a time. Sending love and light.

#193327 - 11/05/09 03:05 PM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Lynn, I was saddened to hear this.

Someone close to me could not make mortgage payments, so they paid what little they could. After speaking to their bank, the BANK said that it's best to NOT make any payments at all. They are still living in their house. this has been about 8 months now. They can pay utilities etc. but not the mortgage. Apparently it takes the banks a LONG time to foreclose...IF they will. They don't want a house back either due to not be able to see it quickly these days.

May I suggest, as others have, to call the mortgage company. It's at least worth a try.

#193353 - 11/06/09 01:07 AM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Di]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
We had a renter for a year. Last October 1, a single mom moved in with her 2 year old son and chihauhawa. Chatty said she liked an apple head chiwaha. however you spell that stupid name. She had been in a dv relationship and needed to get out fast so we rented her our lower level. Housemate has done well under our roof for the year, and is ready to spread her wings. She is moving on this weekend, with her now 3 year old, all safe and sound. Also, we sold my car, to get by on one car, since I am in the disability process and don't go anywhere anyway. As for the bank, we have written multiple letters, tried multiple approaches, and the response is "the investors don't have the flexibility to work with the homeowners." So yes I am looking for new renter. But I am getting nervous eye tick and stomach aches.

#193395 - 11/06/09 02:13 PM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Can you find another renter? I'm sure you're doing everything you can to work this out. Have you spoken with any of your real estate buddies? Can they shed any light?

Are you exercising, taking time to relax, take deep breaths, etc? Your body needs a break from the worry. Do what you can to escape the ongoing worry.

#193441 - 11/07/09 01:43 AM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Yes, we are taking walks every day. I had a bit of a panic attack today, with heart racing, but worked myself out of it. Yes, we have contacted real estate people. I will be working with my husband to help him get a job. I think at this point he loses track of his abilities. He is not a slacker, he works, but not a pleasant profession. He made chicken pot pies and pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies. Yum.

#193542 - 11/09/09 03:18 AM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hope things improve for you Princess. Keep us posted.

#193795 - 11/12/09 08:01 PM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

A man who cooks! You go girl. Sounds like great comfort food.

A couple places that might help:

The Homeowner's Preservation Foundation's HOPE Hotline. The offer housing counselors. 888-995-4673 or www.hopenow.com

Free foreclosure counseling - www.findaforeclosurecounselor.org.

I learned about these opportunitesf rom AARP. Hope one of them helps.

#196068 - 12/17/09 02:56 AM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Help! How does a 57 year old man get a job? It's too late to save our house, and I don't want to live in the car. Any sites? Been to AARP. Still perusing.

#196070 - 12/17/09 03:02 AM Re: Bankruptcy? Foreclosure? Short Sale? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved