The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 23 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#19091 - 11/27/05 04:17 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Normaaaaa!!!!!Put that donut down!

Chickadee, the grapes are a good idea.

You ladies really make me smile and I like how you are all supporting one another.

Just remember you are fighting a powerful addiction to nicotine. You're not weak but your body has a strong liking to this substance.

One day at a time.

#19092 - 11/27/05 12:37 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
hello again chick, tv, bug,........ am still on the straight and narrow here.. (at the moment you could compare it to soup with out salt, not a major problem, just doesn't taste like soup). Our oldest grandson, is 22, he's broken his leg during a soccer game today, cant have the cast put on until swelling goes down, now his brother who is 21 had both his knees operated on this year, which laid him up for weeks and weeks, so... i am using them for role models at the moment..(i mean their patience, particularly the patience of the one who had his knees done)

[ November 27, 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: norma ]

#19093 - 11/27/05 12:52 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

chick and tv.... i hope all will be okay for you. Bug, it is so good having you here to keep the hope possible. I dont want to think about 'making it' or not making it , for i have often made it to this point before, and then fell way over the bridge, i have to take this moment by moment. Thanks for every word of encouragement.
have a gentle day tomorrow.

[ November 27, 2005, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: norma ]

#19094 - 11/27/05 07:49 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Norma, hopefully this WILL be a gentle day. Wow, sorry to hear about the grandsons. Youth are so resilient so I have no doubt they can "weather" these occurences as minor annoyances.

Nothing as difficult as breaking a habit isn't without its own set of problems.

Look at dieters: some folks around them will buy food that is tempting knowing how it affects the dieter. People at parties put that extra helping on their plate or make them feel guilty for not eating it. The worst thing a dieter who has successfully lost weight hears is this: you look sooo thin are you okay? It's like they are saying they think you look bad and it's insulting. As a vegetarian people think I am from Mars. I ate every type of food I had at the Thanksgiving table except the turkey. I am constantly goaded by well-meaning relatives that I need to put on more weight even though I feel great.

That's something else some of us have to deal with when we drop an addiction that others don't see as "that harmful," saboteurs. Hope you don't have any. Take each day as it comes to you and handle it as best as you can. Hopefully you are surrounded by loving people who want to see you successfully quit smoking.

We love you here and want to see you quit.

#19095 - 11/27/05 11:45 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

25 minutes ago i am rooting through every dresser drawer looking for some underwear... now i do the laundry every other day.....where's the rest of my underwear???? I think someone's been stealing it...But... What do i do find ??????...at the back of the center drawer, with my dad's last t shirt, his last pills, mom's last nightgown, their old cheque books etc., ... but a plastic grocery bag, inside of it the outside paper wrappings of a cigerette carton...... and a full package of cigerettes...... ohhh.......am not sure what to do...well by the time you read this it will be done.

#19096 - 11/28/05 01:01 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Norma, they say temptation will pop up right in front of you and it has happened to you today. If you smoked, so be it...it means you're not ready to quit yet, maybe? Perhaps this temptation is the last one you'll get.
My other half smokes and I told him, smoke away, it won't bother me.
I cannot express enough, what was a turning point for me - someone here said if you crave a cigarette after you quit it means you're not ready to quit. I have no cravings for a cig or food either. It could be a mind over matter thing. I don't mind so it don't matter, ha ha.
Norma, tomorrow's another day(if you did smoke). Let us know.
TVC, Are you gearing up to quit. Have you planned a quit day?
Ladybug, I want to thank you again for believing in me and helping me change my life one step for the better.
Will I smoke again? I don't think so. I have come to far to turn back. As the cig commercials used to say,"You've come a long way baby" only it's on the flipside.
Any other smokers out there who want to quit. Join us and try.
Love to all my supporters.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] smoke free chick [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#19097 - 11/28/05 01:52 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Norma, did I get to you in time or was the temptation too strong? I hope your will power won out. Let me know.

#19098 - 11/28/05 02:28 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Chickadee, the compliments are going to my head!

I'm just so happy that this has helped you. You seem to have strong will power and a good attitude.

Understanding your limitations helps too. You didn't become addicted to cigarettes overnight so surely you can't be expected to conquer and over come the addiction overnight either.

#19099 - 11/28/05 03:37 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

i am down the tube Bug..... but .... when these are finished, i will try again.... now i cant find the outdoor christmas lights... For the past few years i've been trying to get rid of 'stuff'.... i wonder...... Do you people find you have accumulated too much 'stuff'?

#19100 - 11/28/05 04:05 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
stuff? stuff is my middle name. Actually my EBAY name is bunchastuff. I qualify right! I have been getting my place in shape and getting rid of more stuff since I quit smoking. Unbelievable energy! Norma, you just might be ready next time. Maybe this 'finding' is what you needed to get to your finally quitting stage. I am with you all the way!]
Ladybug, for some reason (like the one I stated earlier) I am not craving cigs or food. I am so blessed this time. I guess it was my right time to quit. Thank God, I am blessed.

chick

Page 8 of 23 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved