The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#190008 - 09/16/09 04:15 PM Re: Pray for my sisters [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dear ones here I am again asking for your prayers. My twin sis is going into the hospital tomorrow morning for her 3rd surgery since May 20th. It seems the mesh they put in during the May surgery is infected and won't allow the infection to leave so they're going to remove the mesh and put in a biological one that will eventually become part of her body tissues, much safer. But they'll also clean out as much of the infection as they can and then hopefully the problem will be solved with some continued meds till it's all gone.

So, we could use your prayers. The surgery is set for 7:30 a.m. ET and should run about 4 hours. Thanks for all your love and prayers.
www.tidedancer.com

#190011 - 09/16/09 04:38 PM Re: Pray for my sisters [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I will certainly be thinking of you all. This is disheartening, but I think some bodies have allergic reactions to some of the materials used during surgery.

I once rejected the stitches used in a little foot surgery I'd had. The wound wouldn't heal, the stitches that were supposed to be beneath the skin kept resurfacing. It was a pain. I kept having to go back to have those little stitches that popped thorugh the skin, removed.

Praying it's something simple that will be finished once and for all. I'm so glad the two of you are close.

#190012 - 09/16/09 04:51 PM Re: Pray for my sisters [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
You and your twin are in my thoughts and prayers, Sandpiper.

#190017 - 09/16/09 05:19 PM Re: Pray for my sisters [Re: Lola]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Sandpiper, my prayers are will ya'll.

#190134 - 09/17/09 11:12 PM Re: Pray for my sisters [Re: ]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Thanks Mustang, Lola and Dotsie for your prayers and warm wishes. My sister went through the surgery just fine. They thought it would take 4 - 5 hours and it only took 3. They were able to get the infected mesh out and two biological meshes inserted without any problems. Then they flushed out the infection and fixed a small tear in the bowel. She has three drains which is good. She's feeling pretty rough tonight but will do better tomorrow.
www.tidedancer.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved