The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 72 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1842 - 02/08/04 06:35 AM Re: Much to DO
scootermammy Offline

I don't think "being this age" is so bad!!! I always had long straight hair and then kept it shorter and shorter once I passed 40. Finally last year I bought one of those vacuum cleaner cutting devices (the Robo Cut) and I just set that thing at about 3" and go at it every six weeks or so! It looks just like all the other women my age that are standing in line at the store with me but mine is freeeeeeeeeee!

#1843 - 02/12/04 08:03 AM Re: Much to DO
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by scootermammy:
I don't think "being this age" is so bad!!! I always had long straight hair and then kept it shorter and shorter once I passed 40. Finally last year I bought one of those vacuum cleaner cutting devices (the Robo Cut) and I just set that thing at about 3" and go at it every six weeks or so! It looks just like all the other women my age that are standing in line at the store with me but mine is freeeeeeeeeee!

Sounds too good to be true. You make me realize this is an option. An easy option. [Big Grin]

#1844 - 02/13/04 11:55 AM Re: Much to DO
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have schizo hair.

Sometimes I go to the beauty parlor, sometimes my friend Barbara (retired beautician) cuts it, but 3/4 of the time I do it myself. Mostly when I'm bored.

It's straight and down to my waist in back. I braid it or put it up in a barrette. The front, sides and upper back are short, anywhere from 1-3" long, in varying combinations. I have bangs.

I always loved long hair, but I spent an entire lifetime with hair in my face. That's why the short front and sides.

#1845 - 02/26/04 10:53 AM Re: Much to DO
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I had a really bad short layered haircut before Christmas, that made me feel really OLD. [Mad] Why don't hairdressers ever listen?? I've been ignoring it and letting it grow ever since. But it is taking a long time. Then back to my boring shoulder length bob - at least I feel comfortable in that.

#1846 - 02/26/04 03:35 PM Re: Much to DO
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girl do I EVER know what ya mean...do what I do...when I go in, I grab the woman/man by their...uh..scissors, and say, "if you don't make me beautiful, my cousins Vinny will be by later." Works every time...course...I am da Queen. teehee...hahah...Oh Lord..it's gonna be one of thoseeee days...teeheeaaaa...hahah...

JJ

#1847 - 02/27/04 06:17 AM Re: Much to DO
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Since I got older, I keep my hair short and its a medium brown with alot of silver white sneaking through so I use L'O'Real Highlighter, easy and cheap. Now a good cut is as hard to find as a good man, BUT pick a nice looking shop with stylists whose own hair looks decent, then tell them your just looking. Sit an hour or so and watch who does what to whom. See one you like, tell that operator to cut your hair exactly the same. Works everytime....Takes up part of your day while watching, so bring something along like a notebook and make notes of the gossip you hear for a book or have your nails done.

#1848 - 03/01/04 06:36 PM Re: Much to DO
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by chatty lady:
Since I got older, I keep my hair short and its a medium brown with alot of silver white sneaking through so I use L'O'Real Highlighter, easy and cheap.

Please tell me how the L'O'Real Highlighter works. You're the second person I've heard mention that in a week.

#1849 - 03/01/04 07:55 PM Re: Much to DO
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Two years ago my neighbor started cutting my hair.
She called it a wedge. I think its a pixie.
Before she cut it the last time I curled it, came out of the bedroom and my husband and son did not like it. I had worn it that way for years. "No mom we like it how you've been wearing it." We were all laughing so hard I still have the pixie.
This one is easy to wash, blow dry and you're on your way.
Maggie

#1850 - 03/02/04 06:05 AM Re: Much to DO
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey I use L'Oreo..ahem...I mean that other stuff too...I'm a redhead again! Well for a month.

Maggie, that is MYYYY kind of hair do! Blow n Go!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved