The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#178633 - 03/29/09 07:22 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome sports. I'll be looking around the other forums for you. Glad to see another Marylander.

I love sweet potato fires. I had the best ones ever, just last week. Oh my. Anyone tried roasted sweet potatoes.I'm going to toss chunked sweet potatoes in olive oil and bake them. I'm dying to try it.

Hevyn, I know about senior week. My two sons, and thankfully, not my daughter, went to Senior Week in Ocean City. I'm so glad those days are over. Are you right in the heart of OC?

#178640 - 03/29/09 07:39 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well Hevyn, my friend sells them for $15.00 each and sells all she makes usually. Thats not bad either when you figure the materials are free, we have all given her our old panty hose. She has a box in the church store with a sign, "Put any new or used panty hose here." She says she has plenty of them.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178845 - 03/31/09 06:46 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love the fried pickles. Didn't think I would, but if you love fried tomatoes, you would love these.

Hevyn...where did you find those instructions? I couldn't find any. I was just curious as to how it was done. Are you really going to do it?

#178847 - 03/31/09 07:18 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Try dipping bread & butter pickles in flour and egg and frying them, the sweetness in the pickle is amazingly good with the crunchiness.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178879 - 04/01/09 08:19 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: chatty lady]
mimi Offline

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and not really sure how to use it. If I see this gets posted, I'll know I did something right!
Glad to be here. I'm advertising my web site, FiftyPlusConnect.com on this site. Check it out, if you're single.
Have a good day,
Mimi

#178884 - 04/01/09 09:05 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: mimi]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hi there Mini! We're so glad you've ventured over to the forums. Girls, Mini is a member of the NABBW, just so you know.

Mini, you did it right...and welcome! When you get more comfortable with the postings, jump in and tell the ladies here more about yourself and your biz, if you would like to.

Again, so glad you are here. Enjoy yourself...have fun...you'll just love these women. That's a guarantee!

#178893 - 04/01/09 10:08 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
mimi, Hi! Glad you jumped in here. The more posts you do, the
easier it gets: Like everything else. LOL...Watch that jawjaw,
however. She's a clown!

#178997 - 04/02/09 03:45 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi to all the new ladies!

I don't get fish and chips very often, but when I do, I use the tartar sauce for the french fries. That and salt. I hate ketchup. Vinegar for the fish.

Poet and essayist

#179018 - 04/02/09 09:14 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Divine,
That's interesting. I never heard of putting tartar sauce on
french fries or vinegar on fish. Good thing we all like something different or they might run out of condiments.
Say lady, do they have any oranges in Orange County? Sorry. Just a feeble attempt at bein' funny! chuc, chuc, chuckle...

#179052 - 04/02/09 01:53 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: jabber]
Hevyn
Unregistered

I'm glad to be back - had 'puter issues. It seems better now.

It turns out I don't actually have the pantyhose mat instructions. I had found a newspaper story about a Maryland woman (Gail Rudisill) who makes rugs out of plastic bags, tube socks, and pantyhose. No actual instructions, though -so I'll have to look further.

Dotsie, we are in "Downtown" at the end of 28th Street near the Bay.(Do you know where Buxy's Salty Dog is? We're at the end of that street.) We are getting ready to move slightly out of town -hate to do it, but we have dogs & they need space, plus claustrophobia is setting in.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved