The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#17646 - 07/23/06 09:13 AM Re: Colonoscopy
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
They have girlfriend Botox parties so why not colonoscopy girlfriend parties? It would sure make it more fun.

Chatty, get your behind in for this test before I fly to Vegas and drag you to the doctor! In reading Sharon Osbourne's book and since Ozzy is a hypocondriac, she would have most likely died if he hadn't made her go in for the test. He is always worried about health issues (except drugs in his earlier years) and this worry saved her life.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#17647 - 07/23/06 12:09 PM Re: Colonoscopy [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chats...nutin' to it. You're asleep the entire time...When I woke up my doc said, "Hey there sleepy head, know what I have to tell you?" And I replied, "Yeah, Gee Georgia, I've never seen this side of you before..." The recovery room erupted in laughter...

Go honey...it really IS painless. The only reason people don't do it is because of the stuff you have to drink before hand. ONE DAY of discomfort for your life? Me thinks its a pretty good trade...eh?

JJ

#17648 - 07/23/06 05:51 PM Re: Colonoscopy [Re: jawjaw]
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I wasn't as lucky as you who went under when you had the procedure.
I was given medication by mouth that made me sick.
The prodecure was pure h***!!!!!
I had the nurse and the doctor's elbows pushing on my abdomen to get my intestines to move so the doc could get the scope to move thru.
I'm being honest with you all because it can hurt.
But Chatty........request that you be put out and they will do that for you.
I didn't request it because I believed my doc when she said it would be fine.
SURE!!!!!!!!!!
Lynne

#17649 - 07/25/06 01:20 PM Re: Colonoscopy [Re: LSmith5434]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
testing, this wasn't working a minute ago. I could not submit a reply.

#17650 - 07/25/06 03:52 PM Re: Colonoscopy [Re: Cookie]
jjblue Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Oooooh, have 'em, girls. Mom had early stage colon cancer, a good polyp gone bad. They did the surgery, a re-section and no chemo, no radiation since it had not penetrated the colon wall. Ten years later, she is healthy and, at 81, gets a regular colonoscopy. She, too, decided against the less invasive test--if they see something, you have to return for the regular test.

My husband has to drink more than the gallon since it is hard to clean him out. He never gets sick--I know that I would be heaving with each dose. I wonder why? Body mass, maybe?

Edited by jjblue (07/25/06 03:53 PM)

#17651 - 07/25/06 10:47 PM Re: Colonoscopy [Re: jjblue]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
me trying to get the nerve too. I'm such a chicken poop when it comes to surgeries. I'm 52. My mother had her first one last year at age 76 or so. and she said all she had to do was take a little pink pill and drink some stuff for a little bit.
I know I should. I will....some day ....soon...I will. Yes, I'll do that. Yes, I will...

Jama

#17652 - 07/25/06 11:00 PM Re: Colonoscopy [Re: JaMaPh]
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I will keep doing it even if it did hurt!
I have to.......we all have to so we know that we're ok.
I can tell you there's a lot more painful tests out there.
I've had them done to me, and I've watched them being done on other people.
My theory is if I want to stay well after 17 surgeries, I'd better do what's best for me.
So........please get the test done.
Lynne

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved