The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17345 - 06/15/06 02:58 AM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!!
cara4art Offline

Loc: north-central New Mexico
Starchy veggies are different from refined starches, like bread, pasta etc. Potatoes and other starchy tubers are good in reasonable amounts - it's the refined flour stuff that's the culprit.
And even with eating somewhat less, you don't have to starve yourself as long as you're on a solid exercise program, because you do need the fuel. Slow and easy does it when trying to lose weight - a pound or two a week is safe, and doable. Try to lose more than that, on a fast or extremely low-calorie diet, and you'll slow your metabolism down permanently, as well as the fact that you'll binge on the wrong stuff as soon as you come off your diet, and the whole cycle of weight gain starts up again, plus some more. That's why people often end up fatter than ever after a series of "diets". The whole "going on a diet" implies that you will go OFF your diet, rather than making some serious, permanent changes to one's eating habits. Better to have a whole foods diet that is somewhat higher in calories, esp. a bit of healthy fat, so you will have some sense of satisfaction(NOT fullness-there is a difference). If one has lost touch with the difference between satisfaction and fullness, it pays to slow down when eating, and paying attention to each bite. Putting down the fork between each bite helps too. It is well-known that it takes at least 20 minutes for the brain to register that you have had enough food, so have that as a guideline. With the rushed lifestyles that alot of people lead, that 20 minutes effect doesn't get to kick in, and they eat more, and worse, as it's often on the run!

#17346 - 06/15/06 04:35 AM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!!
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Has anybody seen this website:

www.fatloss4idiots.com

What will they think of next?

Beverly
www.talk2bev.com
author, WHATEVER! A baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age

#17347 - 06/15/06 06:30 PM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I think I'll start a new site that says, "Send me all of your money and I'll tell you the secret of weight loss." When they do, I'll send them a sheet of paper that says, "Quit eating so dang much!"

Think anybody would bite?

JJ

#17348 - 06/16/06 07:19 AM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I don't know why people think weight loss ideas have changed over the years. Science is science. If you take in more calories than you burn (ANY kind of calories!!) you will gain weight. If you take in less, you lose. Plain and simple. The problem is we just don't DO it!!!

#17349 - 06/16/06 07:41 AM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!!
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Hahahahahahaha...JJ,,,I love it....and you know what? You'd probably make a million bucks if you did that... [Big Grin]

You're right Jackie...so true...I try to avoid most of the food and diet topics here because they always make me so hungry, especially Chatty's recipes...and I have a hard and fast rule...NO eating while on the computer!!!UGH...is it lunchtime yet?? [Smile]

#17350 - 06/16/06 07:49 AM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
That's a rule I have, too, Nancy, except yesterday I was eating a Reese's blast from Sonic (sooo good!) and I dripped some on my keyboard!! That was the end of that. No, not the end of the blast, I finished every last drop...I stopped chatting till I was done.

#17351 - 07/07/06 08:40 PM Re: EAT LESS....WEIGH MORE!!! [Re: Bluebird]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I loved eating while on the computer and did so often, that now whenever I turn it on my stomach begins to growl....oh my!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved