The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17158 - 12/20/05 04:20 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you are like me, drinking sodas, as you all call them (we call ALL sodas a coke here in the South) makes me retain fluids. Maybe the sodium content? Whatever. I know by drinking water I'm flusing out my system daily, and not retaining fluids. Yes, I make a bazillion trips to the potty, but it does keep the retention down. And retention = weight. Even if you alternate the cokes, like drink one soda/coke, then let the next thing you drink be water, even that would help. LB is right in that walking will be an unbelievable aid in losing not only pounds, but those darn inches!!!!

JJ

#17159 - 12/20/05 05:04 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
Anonymous
Unregistered

I walk at least 15 miles a week, not including work related walks, yet to to decrease my soda intake. I live in the South too, but have lived in the North, and they call everyting Soda up there in upstate NY.

Have any of ya'll GRITS tried "The Firm" exercise tapes?

#17160 - 12/22/05 01:59 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
MustangGal,
I haven't heard of these tapes. Tell us more.

JJ

#17161 - 12/22/05 05:06 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was thinking of trying them out, you can either purchase them at the web site below or Target, your local library may also have them, too:

www.firmdirect.com

The Firm was founded by attorneys in my local town, thus the title, and appears to be doing quite well. I've not yet attempted the program, thus should I purchase, I'll be certain to give ya'll gals a review!

#17162 - 12/22/05 11:12 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well MustangGal, it certainly has everything anyone could need or want and all rolled into one item. I'm ordering this and its reasonable too for all you get. Thanks for the heads up!

#17163 - 12/30/05 08:23 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
Paige Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
I lost those last 10 pounds, it took me three months but I cut way back on anything made with white flour and sugar. It was tough, I was a bread lover, give me a couple of English muffens anytime, but now I very seldom eat bread, pasta, or deserts. It worked. I'm also big on exercise and go to the gym 4 days a week.
Paige

#17164 - 12/31/05 05:02 AM Re: The last 10 lbs......
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Congrats Paige! Your hard work paid off. It's a big lifestyle change, and I'm proud of you for accomplishing it.

#17165 - 05/27/06 05:59 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
cara4art Offline

Loc: north-central New Mexico
Congratulations Paige! As you know, exercise is also a huge part of the equation. Definitely agree about white flour and sugar - so many times, weight will not budget without eliminating those items, even if you are doing everything else right. Competitive natural bodybuilders know this for pre-contest dieting! All white flour does is gunk up the intestines, and refined sugar gets converted to bodyfat - both are major contributors to poochy tummies because of that. Many times people who are not fat in the least have poochy tummies because of build-up in the intestines. A proper diet consisting of largely raw produce, along with some internal cleansing(herbal programs or colonics - haven't done colonics myself but there are many people who swear by them from time to time, especially when kickstarting a healthy eating program) and plenty of water over a period of time will address this.

#17166 - 05/27/06 11:05 PM Re: The last 10 lbs......
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to agree with you cara 100%....When I dropped bread and any other white foods I lost 40 pounds and then slowly began eating them again and over time was right back (almost) where I started... In guess I am living proof!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved