The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#171751 - 01/17/09 07:19 PM Re: To be cautious or not cautious! [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
EW, Isn't Europe a place where publishers exist? Have you checked around Germany? What about England, they have publishers I am sure of that? What about searching for an agent over there to do the leg work, but from experience I too know you will be the one doing the most of the marketing of your book, no matter what, its simply the way it works..

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178904 - 04/01/09 12:59 PM Re: To be cautious or not cautious! [Re: Mama Red]
KC Christensen-Lang Offline

Loc: Beautiful New Hampshire
Howdy Gals:

Here's my two cents for what it's worth. First Edelweiss...don't be down on yourself. Feel good that at least you expressed yourself in a wonderful way, wrote a book and are on the way to fulfilling your dream. It doesn't matter if you are in Germany or USA or planet mars. If it's a good one and you can get the word out about it, it will work for you. If you have passion and enthusiasm, that will really help because enthusiasm is contagious! But Jaw Jaw and Mama Red are absolutely right about marketing and PR...it is the main part of spreading the word about your book.

Here is a great resource that I used to pass on to my PR clients who were thinking about writing/promoting a book. If you haven't heard of Dan Poynter of www.ParaPublishing.com, it's a good site to check out. He offers freebies, tons of info and a regular ezine as well. You can learn alot there. He is a self-publishing guru and here is blurb off his site:

"Wherever you are in the development of your book (thinking, planning, writing, producing or promoting stage), we have the tools to make your venture faster, easier and more successful. This site has hundreds of pages of information and free documents plus books (both ours and those from other publishers), reports, disks and tapes..."

You can also buy a copy or go to your library for: Writer's Market...the bible for the writer of publishers, agents, editors and also subscribe to Writer's Digest magazine which has lots of articles about book promotion, how to get an agent, how to edit, etc. There are also many good books on the market about promoting your book and whether you do it yourself or hire someone, you just have to believe in yourself!

Good luck,
KC smile
www.CoachingForTopLeaders.com
Free Positive Living newsletters!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved