The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#179150 - 04/03/09 09:48 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Orchid I have been finished with menopause now for years and even going through it, never had a single hot flash, headache, bloating or any other discomfort caused by menopause. I think I was just so glad to be having no more discusting periods that menopause was my friend. I looked forward to it and also took Wild Yam Root in capsule form which the Indian women use to gather in the wild and never suffered ill effects of menopause either.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179207 - 04/04/09 10:03 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
You just substituted your friends: Cute!

#179255 - 04/04/09 08:47 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What I actually said was, I was so happy to have my periods STOP, I thought of menopause as a friend and was happy when it arrived, maybe that was why it treated me kindly and I never felt any bad effects from it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179260 - 04/05/09 05:21 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Me too, Chats. I have not regretted menopause, one bit. Sure, I have gained weight, went through my night sweats, etc, but I am embracing menopause with every ounce of my being.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#179333 - 04/05/09 08:20 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm still perimenopausal and it hasn't been so bad. What I like the least is the metabolism that seems to have hit rock bottom.

#179354 - 04/06/09 10:31 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie...yeah...old far for sure...but like Chatty...the best part is no more periods...happy happy happy!!!!

#179364 - 04/06/09 11:04 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dee]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Well, am still just gradually fading away... it's quite gentle what is happening to me and no discomfort as mentioned earlier.

A question asked much earlier or a thought pondered if exercise helps reduce the menopausal symptoms:

On another forum devoted exclusively to women's cycling, there a number of ladies there who are perimenopausal but some of the gals are experiencing the same usual hot flashes and some of the women are truly strong, competent cyclists (ie. cycling mountains and logging in over 4,000 miles annually). The only 2 main things I sense are:

a) cycling or consistent regular exercise helps to mitigate negative feelings or distract you abit from physiological negatives reactions.

b) help in weight control, by exercising regularily one increases metabolism.

#179366 - 04/06/09 11:08 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dee]
Ellemm Offline

I felt the same way, chatty. Why were we given the idea that menopause was a bad thing? (I mean, normal, not-sick, not-too-early menopause.) Sheesh; did they all think we wanted to lug around sanitary supplies for the rest of our lives? Not me!

Following along on the de-baptism idea, but funny: I'd love to have gotten a 'graduation' certificate. Done with this stuff!

And I had a very easy time as well.

#179380 - 04/06/09 11:56 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Ellemm]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, great points. Stae of mind has a lot to do with it. If we are feeling good about ourselves, perhaps it doens't bother us as much.

This is not to negate the harsh symptoms that some women get. We can only control so much.

Ellen, maybe the GYNs could offer those certificates!

#179929 - 04/11/09 01:54 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ellemm, my graduation certificate was throwing out all that old hideous underwear that we save for "those days" and buying a whole bunch of new ones.

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved