The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 24 of 28 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >
Topic Options
#170323 - 01/07/09 05:00 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: seek]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: seek
oh . . . i think an argument could be made for the same hard-wiring for virility or fertility. the organism would not necessarily have to know that it would be futile. in fact, the same argument could be held for infertile couples . . . the desire to mate with a virile/fertile specimen would be the same in all cases.

that is my theory and i am sticking to it until i don't smile

Geez, this sounds like you're talking about parameciums! In fact, I bet parameciums have more fun than this makes it sound. Where's the humanity in this theory? I'm sorry, it just sounds way too clinical to be applied to men and women.

The human-being-as-organism theories that talk about hard-wiring remind me too much of the world-wide eugenics movements in the 1930s that found excuses to exalt certain people and debase others. (Maybe I'm being affected by a book I'm reading -- The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein.)

#170324 - 01/07/09 05:02 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i talking to myself again but i forgotten to throw in that most of our attitudes or subcounsiouse blueprint or attitude to life is formed before 3 or 4, before consiouse memorie sets in and becomes memorable memorie lol. ya know what i mean.

So imagine that above progrrame ise't just a uk thing and its more widlie genrilized.
what work do we need to do on ourselfs to rid ourselfs and stop any other kids pre 3 yrs old becomming racist, they may have growen out of it later hopefullie as some ladies heer have testified.

#170325 - 01/07/09 05:04 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

seek that wase't just directed to dancer but to any one, feel free to interupt

#170333 - 01/07/09 05:16 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

it is supposed to be "bad" to be separate, as in apartied. i think the discrimination part of that, without question, is bad, but i don't think separation, in terms of keeping a culture intact is bad. SEEKS QUOTE

good destinction, i was meaning originalie keeping races pure, in its extreem form hitlers arian race, well he did a fair bit of damage.

i can relate to the seprist bit of the "second generasion" myself included.
I resolved that by trying t be proud of all of it my mixedd subculture and class within my familie BUT i found pride without EXCLUSIVNESS.
I just got proud of it all but not feeling superior to any of the sub groups, nor claming inverted racisum kinda like inverted snobberie. My mixed race background is better than your mixed race background.

not yours but yours as in whomevers being pointed at.

#170334 - 01/07/09 05:21 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
yes, keeping ethnicity intact without adopting superiority
seems to be a balancing act. i know my father felt italians
were superior . . . but i don't know if that came from pride
or from his experience of being treated as an inferior (if he
was . . . i am just imagining he might have been because he
was poor and spoke of having to fight on the streets).

speaking of "fighting on the streets," again it is what is
happening in the middle east. it's just a gang fight for turf
on some level.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#170335 - 01/07/09 05:26 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: DJ]
celtic_flame Offline

Originally Posted By: DJ
eugenics movements in the 1930s that found excuses to exalt certain people and debase others. (Maybe I'm being affected by a book I'm reading -- The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein.)

Im sure its not your first encounter with this bit of historie from thse people but it is shocking. If your currentlie reading about this I find with myself that it dose coler what i am seeing or interpriting from the world just untill i stop focusing on it get a general view of the world back and intergrate whatever new info or attitudes have been changed or reinforced by the new informasion.

The term "hard wired" kinda leads one to belive that its an inevitable outcome, we have no consiouse control over it. Thats the bit id disagree with.

we may be influenses by our subconsiouse and or biologie but ultimatlie we have a responciabilitie to bring consiousness into the equation. Perhapps "hard wired" isen't the best term for whats trying to be described.

anyway we certinlie not as simple as the S-R type behaviours those pure behaviourilsts have one belive we are.

anyone rember who's therie done from within behavorilisum S-O-R response.
the o being for orginisum?

#170336 - 01/07/09 05:28 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

yea a balancing act. I just ended up confused and felt i had to pick an aligenses untill i descovered within myself i didn't need to pick i could embrace it all.

#170337 - 01/07/09 05:34 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

my dad had similare experinses on the streets of glasgow. A lot of that also had to do with the opposite sides uk and italie weer on in the war. I am unsure if he felt superior but know about its altrnet form if its squased or held as infearear. We did go to a lot of italion danses and ex-pat type of gaterhings for italions, he keept trying to marry me and my sister off within them, lol.
My sister did actulie meet and marry anoterh scot but who's father came from same village as we did, in fact so did my first cusine also marry a man from their.

lol too much near in breading my sisters husbans nona, shares the same surname as my familie but no direct blood link they tell me. But same surname from same wee village lol no in breading indeed lol. :P a bit to close for my liking

#170338 - 01/07/09 05:36 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

anyway 3 of us are reaading and writting at same time, i am finding it hard to chatt with you both so its late heer i will bow out for now and see what you end up agreeing or disagreeing on.

i am exited as hell as i nearlie having a real time chatt wheras its normalie me EW and lola awake while you mostlie sleep.

goodnight

#170339 - 01/07/09 05:38 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
stimulous, organism, response. this is really funny. i must have been super influenced, subconsciously, by my very first psychology class.

i had forgotten all about that threory.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

Page 24 of 28 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved