The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 44 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#150724 - 06/18/08 12:11 AM Re: Shalom [Re: Lola]
Xanthippe Offline

Loc: Boulder Creek, CA
Quote:

Feel free to yammer here. We all do.

Permission to yammer??!? Oh, goody! I'm a yammerer from infancy.

Xan.

#150725 - 06/18/08 07:39 AM Re: Shalom [Re: Xanthippe]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Xanthippe, I'm impressed that a non-writer enjoys daily poetry.

I just looked up Boulder Creek on a map, as the name sounded familiar. You're between Santa Cruz and Ano Nuevo, right? -- and since I've been to both quite a few times, I've probably hiked through your stomping grounds, or close enough. Really beautiful area.

Poet and essayist

#150726 - 06/18/08 02:14 PM Re: Shalom [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Xanthippe, I've been thoroughly enjoying your yammering here. I'm so glad you're yammering with US!

No heat waves here right now...we've had lots of rain lately, including some lovely thunder storms - one of my very favourite sounds in the world is thunder rumbling way off in the distance; I love listening to it creep closer and closer - and then when it's right overhead, it's both scary and exhilarating. I'm in for a scary exhilarating day today, because the weather forecast calls for MANY thunder storms to roll through here today.

Now I'm yammering. Welcome to our 'home away from home'!

(Maya Angelou)

#150727 - 06/18/08 03:14 PM Re: Shalom [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Me too...I am enjoying your yammering. I'm a yammer from bammy...I've been yammering for years.

#150728 - 06/18/08 10:09 PM Re: Shalom [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eagle, I too enjoy the storms. Some say I should have been a storm chaser, I agree. I have been known to jump in my car and follow the rain until I found it. Here in the desert you can see that it is raining off in the distance even though it is dry where you are, and its fun to try to find and catch up to the moving rain. Can't do that anymore with these gas prices though...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150729 - 06/20/08 02:20 AM Re: Shalom [Re: meredithbead]
Xanthippe Offline

'Tis true, I'm not a writer, meredithbead, but I carried a literature/history double major in college, and I've always loved to read from the time I was a little girl. I "fell" for poetry in my senior year of high school, so it's as natural as breathing that I read a bit each day.

You're pretty much spot-on regarding Boulder Creek's location. We're nestled in the redwoods about 15 miles northeast of Santa Cruz, far enough inland that we seldom get fog; I'll bet you've hiked in Big Basin State Park! Ano Nuevo is 45+ miles further up the coast, and yes, I've had the privilege of getting "up close and personal" with the elephant seals during their time ashore. Along that same stretch of Highway 1 is Coastways Ranch, a U-pick farm where I've picked olallieberries each season for nigh on 30 years. A beautiful area to be sure ...

#150730 - 06/20/08 02:29 AM Re: Shalom [Re: Eagle Heart]
Xanthippe Offline

Eagle Heart, jawjaw, and chatty lady, it's wonderful to be here with you committed yammerers! I have seldom felt more embraced and welcomed ...

#150731 - 06/20/08 02:36 AM Re: Shalom [Re: chatty lady]
Xanthippe Offline

Mustn't forget to add that I'm a storm lover, too, although we rarely get thunder and lightning in this area. But I've traveled a good deal, experiencing storms in such places as Arizona, North Carolina, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, southern Oregon ...

#150732 - 06/20/08 03:46 PM Re: Shalom [Re: Xanthippe]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What are olallieberries?

Some of my favorite vacation memories are from rainy times at the beach, but I surely wouldn't say I'm a storm chaser.

#150733 - 06/21/08 03:44 AM Re: Shalom
Xanthippe Offline

Quote:

What are olallieberries?

Dotsie,

Olallieberries are ethereal little bursts of tart goodness, that's what!! I use them in cobblers, muffins, ice cream, cheesecakes, crumbles, and a savory condiment I created as an accompaniment to roast chicken. As to the specifics of their origin and makeup, I'll let Wikipedia provide the details: Wikipedia - Olallieberry

I'll probably go picking late next week. We're experiencing another heat wave (95 in San Francisco today) here; uncomfortable for us folks, ideal for ripening berries.

Best,
Xan.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved